Just want to make sure I understand the op's statement on supercid. I'm not currently supercid so if I unlock using this method, then down the road change to supercid. When I change back to AT&T Cid it will undo this method and be impossible to reunlock using this method. Is that correct?
Here is a method (confirmed working by Me) to SIM Unlock your HTC ONE M8 for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.
Before we begin I wish to inform you that I did not create this tool. It is the property of sieempi.
You MUST be S-OFF & have External SD for this to work.
Usual disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.
as pointed by @GSLEON3 you could only do the SuperCid "11111111" described bellow after S-OFF and it will also unlock your device but if for some reason you change back your CID you will lose the unlock the other method unlock the device forever
how to SuperCID your device after S-OFF
[NOOBS Guide] HTC ONE SUPERCID method via fastboot
or permanent method
1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/2...tc-devices-536
2) You'll notice that the HTC ONE M8 is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.
3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC ONE M8 , and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your EXTERNAL SD card.
4) Reboot into bootloader, select "SIMLock" and it'll apply the config file.
5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!
6) Once you've rebooted, your HTC One M8 should be fully SIM Unlocked!
7) Put in a foreign SIM card and test it out
8) for Sprint M8 devices only Thanks to @pisang_azafor pointing and @nikme for the original thread follow this instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682242
If you have any questions, please refer to the linked site as I will be limited in how I can help since I am not the original creator of the tool.
Adrian Campeanu (sieempi) - for the tool, because you know, it's his intellectual property and stuff
Binary - for sharing the site that has the tool and for risking his device to make sure it works (THANKS!!! )
PS. I encourage donations to the tool maker who actually created this tool. You can find his donation button on the linked unlocking site.
This info was taken from this HTC Amaze forum thanks to @electronicrice for putting together the original thread that can be found here
I have this Sprint HTC M8, and i unlocked it (push "down" and lock button, it says "UNLOCKED"), which is good.
But I still cant use my Tmobile sim card on this cell. It has a little SIM card logo on top of the screen with a small "!"next to it, might means "Invalid card".
ps: I have this app called SIM UNLOCK HELPER, and when I click on it, it will says "Device Check Fail! This device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefore, this program will not run." And i click on "back" button, it shows me "Instructions", and at the end of the screen, it says "Device : VERIFIED: Sprint HTC One"...
and it tells me to use *#*#4636#*#* to set up the GSM, which is the one for Tmobile, and I did, "Set preferred network type: GSM only". But still doesnt work...
Could anyone help me plz...
|carrier, gsm, sim unlock, unlock|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|