Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth problem when streaming in car?

Tip us?

Zynesterysdan
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I'd had this issue before on my m7 with Pandora. Are you guys using adaway? If so, disable it and try again, it should go away

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

techdave
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi guys,

Resurrecting this thread. I am having skipping/stuttering issues with my phone when streaming using Spotify over bluetooth A2DP.
I've tested this on 3 different bluetooth devices (Volvo, Belkin and another bluetooth speaker).

The problem is very annoying, once the screen goes off, music would slightly pause every 20-30 seconds.
This happens when using Spotify and TuneIn Radio.. so I'm pretty sure it's not an application problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? I'm running 4.4.3 - 2.07.980.2..
Also, I'm pretty sure this only started happening after the latest update from HTC.

techdave
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by techdave View Post
Hi guys,

Resurrecting this thread. I am having skipping/stuttering issues with my phone when streaming using Spotify over bluetooth A2DP.
I've tested this on 3 different bluetooth devices (Volvo, Belkin and another bluetooth speaker).
[UPDATE] I've tried doing some tests with turning wifi - OFF and I did not experience any sound/music skips during this morning commute. I will see how this goes in the next few days.

pmcee
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by techdave View Post
[UPDATE] I've tried doing some tests with turning wifi - OFF and I did not experience any sound/music skips during this morning commute. I will see how this goes in the next few days.
I'm using an app that starts playing music as soon as I connect to my cars Bluetooth. Luckily this app also provides "wifi off on connect"

Gonna give this a try. Really hope this fixes the audio drops. Hate it.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

pmcee
Old
Thanks Meter 68
So from one day with Wifi off I can definitely tell it doesn't drop audio on Bluetooth streaming anymore.

So turn your Wifi off to fix the m8 😀

techdave
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcee View Post
So from one day with Wifi off I can definitely tell it doesn't drop audio on Bluetooth streaming anymore.

So turn your Wifi off to fix the m8 😀

Glad it works for you as well, this has fixed the problem for me most of the time. I use the Trigger app to turn off wifi when bluetooth connects.

On another issue which I don't think is related to the above, on my Volvo at random times, I still have severe stuttering issues to the point that you almost can't tell what music is playing. I've been having this since day 1 with the M8 and not from recent fw upgrade as above. I'm not sure whether this is Spotify or the bluetooth stack tho.

Nevertheless, any of the blueooth issues were something I never experienced with Samsung Galaxy S3, Xperia Z or any other phones. HTC!!, are you listening!?!