Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 37,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EZTV Announce first living room computer in history

Tip us?

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,522
I don't consider this as computer. By definition, it must be using Windows or MAC O/S in order to quality as a "computer". At best it's a entertainment box or Android TV box...

Nancy1liu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default EZTV Living Room Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
I don't consider this as computer. By definition, it must be using Windows or MAC O/S in order to quality as a "computer". At best it's a entertainment box or Android TV box...

But it is not Android TV Box. It is a new product category - EZTV Living Room Computer. It is different with entertainment box.

STILLHERE153
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I use a MXiii Kitkat box with a Logitech K300...

how is this doing anymore?

hsktommox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default About EZTV Living Room Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLHERE153 View Post
I use a MXiii Kitkat box with a Logitech K300...

how is this doing anymore?
EZTV Living Room Computer has more functions that your Mxiii kitkat has not. So you can doing more use it.

STILLHERE153
Old
Thanks Meter 4
List them... Make me a believer. The only thing the mxiii lacks is a AC wireless
Primary Device: GS4 - Stock 4.4.2 Rooted
Secondary Device: MXiii 108k7 Rom

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,522
OK, I went to the website and I watched couple of Youtube video about EZTV and here is my verdict. It's nothing but a lower version of Android TV box. You guys haven't explore the power of Android TV box yet so it's not possible for you guys to compare. What ever EZ TV (again it's a entertainment box) do, Android TV box can do the same and in some area better. There are a few "computer box" out there which is the same size as EZTV but it's running Windows O/S with Intel CPU and this is a real computer. Let's get back to EZTV vs Android TV box. Here my comparision:
1) wireless mouse/keyboard - Both have them, but with Android TV you have the option of many style and type of mouse keyboard combo. You also can use your phone/tablet to control the Android TVbox
2)App store - Android TV box is a clear winner here. You have the entire Android App store to back this up.
3) Movies choice - both can do exactly the same
4) Watch movies/Video from your computer or harddrive storage - Android TV box is a winner here
5) Mirror what you watch on your phone to your big TV - Android TV is a winner here
6) Email/internet/youtube/video chat/makeing voice over IP phone call - Again Android is better in this area.
7) Performance - Android TV is a lot faster than EZTV...I mean lightnight fast.
8) Like Android phone, Android TV can communicate with other Android TV, It also has a wide choice of VPN
9) It support 2.5 and 5ghz wifi and 1000T ethernet
10) Support - Finally Android TV is the top here, where you can modifiy the software, Overclock your cpu, customize looks and feels, side load applications..
I'm not here to talk down on EZTV box but I just want to provide knowledge to people so they can make more accurate decision. With Android TV you have many many choices to choose from. You can get a quadcore Android TV box as small as a USB stick which perform the same as EZTV box, but it's very compact where you can carry it in your pocket. Finally the Android O/S is widely supported by many development communities where they can help you to fix issue/upgrade or anything you may need. Please feel free to ask any question you may have and I will try to answer them to best of my knowledge.
Tags
computer, eztv, living room, tv box