Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ringer Volume Drops By Itself !!

OP sarsourus

10th May 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

11 posts
Verizon M8 here - and as such I have to be different. For me it's my Notification volume that maxes out when I answer a call. I turned the requisite settings off but as others have noticed, that had no effect. Simply receiving doesn't do it - it's only when I answer it hits.

Rooted, S-off & very puzzled.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8
14th May 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #12  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
Ringer issues
I installed a volume control app cost .99 and so far fixed the issue
16th May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #13  
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 450

1,701 posts
More
Just wanted to add my 3 day old M8 does this also, even with quite ring on pick up, and pocket mode unchecked, flip to mute check to mute once.
24th May 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #14  
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 68

481 posts
More
The new software update fixed the issue at least for me

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsourus

hey guys,

i noticed many times my M8 volume when i receive a call or notification drops to below 50%. i disabled the pocket mode setting and the "quiet ring on pickup" setting. i want it loud at all times but randomly it lowers the volume to same low level. i have passcode on my M8 so i know the down volume isnt toggled whole in my pocket.

any one else have this issue?

Hi, do you find some issue for that problem? Because I bought M8 6 days ago and I have same problem with that.

We need resolve this because I am going be crazy for this phone.
24th July 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #16  

5 posts
same
i have the M7 and i got that problem too ...i observed that it;s lower the ringtone volume only when i'm using the phone for something(internet,game,fb) and i get a call....when idle and the screen is locked, it doesn't happent....i get this problem with SamsungS3 too, so i guess its an android issue , or an issue of the branding of the carrier ...for me it came out only after updating to sense6.even if i am walking, my phone ring once and then silcence , or autoanswer....unchecked all ,checked again, try everything, nothing worked since now...
6th August 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 14

197 posts
Same problem here..I thought that is only me with this problem but it seems not..If anyoane have a fix for this problem,please post here because is very anoying.I tried all settings and put a coustom rom but the same....
16th August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #18  

1 posts
Hi,

Turn OFF the Auto-pick function(not sure this is like that in english), this problem will dissapear.

Good luck,
Eugene
Last edited by zeka66; 16th August 2014 at 11:46 PM.
15th September 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #19  
Flag Dubai

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Location M7 Dual Sim
a;so same issue with me
19th September 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #20  

1 posts
Thumbs up Contacted HTC now it's fix
I contacted HTC about the ringtone going down after every call. They asked me if it was after the software update . It was after that. This is what he had me do:

hold in the Volume Down key and the power key at the same time for a few seconds. Continue holding the Volume Down until you get to an "HBOOT" screen with 3 android guys at the bottom. Once in there, use the volume keys to go down to "Recovery" option, then press the power button once to select it.

You'll be taken to a screen with a picture of a phone with a "!" icon and a red triangle. Once there please hold the Volume Up key and press the Power key once for just a second, then let go, you will see another menu, go down (using the Volume Keys again) to "Wipe Cache Partition" option and press once the power key to select it. Once it's complete, choose the option to "Reboot System Now" and the phone will start back up. The Cache Wipe is complete.

It worked for me.
Hope it helps
Last edited by joneshw01; 19th September 2014 at 02:39 AM. Reason: forgot a work

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread