Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07.09.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11.0 [4.4.4]

Tip us?

AceDroidX
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Although this is a bit irrelevant with the ROM i will post it for a quick reply.

Today i bought a new original battery. I made a clean install of the ROM 3 days ago but with my old battery that was pretty crap (50 months battery). Im curently standing at 60% ( was like that after the first boot ). So, should i wipe the battery stats? let it get around 10%, charge it and then wipe? Can u please reply me blefish, since u are the guy that knows for sure? :P

-

ALSO, i post it before but i didnt see any reply... Im using Atmel and since the July update, when i have my wifi on and i didnt use my phone for a while, most of the times, after a call my phone rings but i cant answer because the touch screen doesnt work, only the buttons light up, but no touchscreen. It needs a hard restart to work again...

Blefish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,845

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzx521 View Post
WILL YOU MAKE ANDROID L FOR U8800?WE ARE in expectation of IT
Can't tell yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahdial View Post
Camera is not working but after a reboot it works. Here is logcat and dmesg log. Thanks.
And BTW I have no strange problem with battery.
Do you have KSM enabled? And if the camera did not work (crashed presumably?) did you try starting it again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahdial View Post
There is a little bug I guess, when charging the phone it keeps charging even if the battery is full. I mean physically it keeps charging I noticed that from charger sound. I don't think it's normal.
It's not actuallt 100% when it tells so. You can track the real battery status by voltage, I've seen that without display turned on the battery is nearly charged at 4.23V. And by the way, the charger chip is configured to disable charging when charging current is below 100mA (the current is dropping as battery becomes full). When the charging is disabled, kernel log (kmsg/dmesg) will show this: "board-u8800-battery: Battery Charged".
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDroidX View Post
Although this is a bit irrelevant with the ROM i will post it for a quick reply.

Today i bought a new original battery. I made a clean install of the ROM 3 days ago but with my old battery that was pretty crap (50 months battery). Im curently standing at 60% ( was like that after the first boot ). So, should i wipe the battery stats? let it get around 10%, charge it and then wipe? Can u please reply me blefish, since u are the guy that knows for sure? :P

-

ALSO, i post it before but i didnt see any reply... Im using Atmel and since the July update, when i have my wifi on and i didnt use my phone for a while, most of the times, after a call my phone rings but i cant answer because the touch screen doesnt work, only the buttons light up, but no touchscreen. It needs a hard restart to work again...
Wiping battery stats does not help with battery at all. The capacity is coming from modem and it's not tied together with Android at all. As far as I know battery stats in Android only show the usage as in Settings->Battery.

The second thing must be a bug with the Wi-Fi driver. Can you tell me the sleep policy (in Settings->Wifi->Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep)? Also, did you experience it in the last release?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miskiab
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Thank you Blefish...

Your Rom perfect for me, thanks bro.

mobile data text icon (X/E or H) in top bar very small now. Other icons are normal.

Mr.Wolf
Old
(Last edited by Mr.Wolf; 12th September 2014 at 01:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish View Post
The second thing must be a bug with the Wi-Fi driver. Can you tell me the sleep policy (in Settings->Wifi->Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep)? Also, did you experience it in the last release?
I also have huge battery drain, with phone sleeping.
After reading it could be a WiFi driver bug, I've turned WiFi completely OFF and now I had a great 11h34m sleeping time with only 9% battery drain (batt is 91% full).

I'm trying "Settings->Wifi->Keep Wi-Fi OFF during sleep" again, but I had it this way last time and battery has depleted very fast.

AceDroidX
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I used to have the "only when plugged in" policy but I switched to never now. It happened once lately but I can't recall if it was on the latest release or not. Most likely its the policy though.

Sent from my IDEOS X5

m!xal!s
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Dear Blefish,

I've got a kernel panic regarding wifi and I have attached an apanic_console.
I hope that it will be useful, and if you need more logs please let me know.

I had a good uptime, with many connection disconnection sessions.
At some point I tried to turn on the wifi pressing the button 2-3 times unsuccessfully, It couldn't turn on.
So I thought about putting the device in Airplane Mode. And then I got the kernel panic.
Keep in mind that the same thing has happened to me on previous recent versions,
and at some point I got some corruption on the filesystem.
Wifi policy is set to never.

Best regards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt apanic_console.txt - [Click for QR Code] (128.0 KB, 10 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to m!xal!s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mahdial
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I disabled KSM and the camera seems working fine. Thank you so much!
Phone:HUAWEI IDEOS X5 (U8800H)
ROM: CM 11.0 - 4.4.4 by Blefish
Kernel: 3.4.0
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.1.0
Screen digitizer: Atmel
SD card: SP 16 gb class 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Mahdial For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.Wolf
Old
(Last edited by Mr.Wolf; 16th September 2014 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Wolf View Post
I'm trying "Settings->Wifi->Keep Wi-Fi OFF during sleep" again, but I had it this way last time and battery has depleted very fast.
I've noticed that "Settings->Wifi->Advanced->WiFi Region Code", was not initialized (no option was selected).
I selected Europe and now with "Settings->Wifi->Advanced->Keep Wi-Fi On during sleep->NEVER",
there was no battery drain while sleeping.
Let's see the next days.

EDIT:
It's ok now, I have 23h10m idle with 86% batt full
But I'm not sure my problem was Wifi region code not being initialized, maybe some other app crashed and depleted all the battery.

Mahdial
Old
Thanks Meter 27
This ROM is working fine so far but I have very annoying problem, it happened four or five times in the latest versions. Suddenly the phone reboots and when it finishes booting all installed apps data will be erased. It is really really annoying and it's take my time to restore everything.
And from time to time I have problem with storage; installed apps can't write on sdcard so I need to reboot to fix it. Please Blefish take a look on logs and see what you can do. Thank you for your hard work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Logs.txt - [Click for QR Code] (168.1 KB, 1 views)
Phone:HUAWEI IDEOS X5 (U8800H)
ROM: CM 11.0 - 4.4.4 by Blefish
Kernel: 3.4.0
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.1.0
Screen digitizer: Atmel
SD card: SP 16 gb class 4

Tags
cyanogenmod kitkat 4.4.2 unofficial u8800