Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,803 Members 36,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root and bootloader unlock on stock KK

Tip us?

Nabirius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11 View Post
i think the wave of i cant root and unlock is coming what system version are you on?
183.46.15.XT907.Verizon.en.us

Android version 4.4.2

billycar11
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabirius View Post
183.46.15.XT907.Verizon.en.us

Android version 4.4.2
you can not unlock or root on that version and it is unlikely you will ever able to.
have you unlocked?

Nabirius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11 View Post
you can not unlock or root on that version and it is unlikely you will ever able to.
have you unlocked?
No, I haven't, that sucks.

splat10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I towel rooted and unlocked with motopocalypse but I haven't had time to flash a recovery yet but my phone is bugging me incessantly to ota. Now that I've unlocked I can safely take the ota and be able to still load a custom recovery later and reroot right? This is my first time routing but this phone has gotten worse over time and I'm hoping a custom Rom will help plus the ability to use ti backup

twiztid_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat10 View Post
So I towel rooted and unlocked with motopocalypse but I haven't had time to flash a recovery yet but my phone is bugging me incessantly to ota. Now that I've unlocked I can safely take the ota and be able to still load a custom recovery later and reroot right? This is my first time routing but this phone has gotten worse over time and I'm hoping a custom Rom will help plus the ability to use ti backup
I can tell u that I rooted & unlocked the boot loader & was unable to install the ota for some reason & then I messed up trying to install cyanogenmod & had to flash back to stock KitKat & accepted the new update, now root checker says I'm not rooted & towel root says my device isn't currently supported

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid_gamer View Post
I can tell u that I rooted & unlocked the boot loader & was unable to install the ota for some reason & then I messed up trying to install cyanogenmod & had to flash back to stock KitKat & accepted the new update, now root checker says I'm not rooted & towel root says my device isn't currently supported
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...71#entry462471

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
Moto X Developer Edition

twiztid_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Thanks for the info!