Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from poondog: v058 has landed with massive changelog!

[KERNEL][VZW][4.4.3] ★☆ Kangaroo Kernel ☆★ 14 SEP | v058

Tip us?

AznInertia
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Poon, you are doing an AWESOME job! I just have some issues with the new v058 kernel.

1.) Sometimes when I am in Chrome (or some random program), I notice the whole screen freezing. There is no button response and I try pressing the power button in hopes it turns the screen off but there is a significant delay. The screen will eventually turn off...I'll usually wait a minute or so, and everything seems to go back to normal.

2.) A couples of times I tried to turn the screen on after being idle but I noticed that the notification buttons would flash while I press the power button but the screen would not turn on. Didn't have this issue in the previous kernels only this one (do I have to set the min higher?)
The Following User Says Thank You to AznInertia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uzephi
Old
(Last edited by Uzephi; 15th September 2014 at 07:08 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznInertia View Post
Poon, you are doing an AWESOME job! I just have some issues with the new v058 kernel.

1.) Sometimes when I am in Chrome (or some random program), I notice the whole screen freezing. There is no button response and I try pressing the power button in hopes it turns the screen off but there is a significant delay. The screen will eventually turn off...I'll usually wait a minute or so, and everything seems to go back to normal.

2.) A couples of times I tried to turn the screen on after being idle but I noticed that the notification buttons would flash while I press the power button but the screen would not turn on. Didn't have this issue in the previous kernels only this one (do I have to set the min higher?)
Can you try to grab a kmesg next time it happens? I am personally not having those issues running v058 on ViperOne 7.0.1

If you aren't near a pc, the below app can pull kernel logs

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 10,533
Quote:

I have had both these issues on stock kernel, I thought it was Rom side or app related tbh

jtj1825
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:

What governor are you using?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

AznInertia
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtj1825 View Post
What governor are you using?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Whatever is stock with this ROM, I'm the type that just flashes the kernel and let the poon magic in! I don't change any other settings

poondog
Old
Thanks Meter 10,533
Quote:
Whatever is stock with this ROM, I'm the type that just flashes the kernel and let the poon magic in! I don't change any other settings
That would be ondemand. All default settings are tested by me 90% of the time (other 10% I am testing other new options)

Uzephi
Old
(Last edited by Uzephi; Yesterday at 03:17 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 377

DONATE TO ME
I have a quick question. I found something odd in my last_kmsg when looking up my bin and PVS.

Below is bin and PVS, but above that I found an odd warning.

Code:
 [    0.446268] c0      1 acpuclk-8064 acpuclk-8064: SPEED BIN: 1
[    0.446299] c0      1 acpuclk-8064 acpuclk-8064: ACPU PVS: 2
Here is the "warning" that seemed odd.

Code:
 288427] [WARNING][ACPU] get_pvs: ACPU PVS: Unknown. Defaulting to slow
Is that why it shows 2 or is mine made as 2?

Edit: this is running kk058 on Viper 7.0.1

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using XDA Free mobile app

poondog
Old
Thanks Meter 10,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi View Post
I have a quick question. I found something odd in my last_kmsg when looking up my bin and PVS.

Below is bin and PVS, but above that I found an odd warning.

Code:
 [    0.446268] c0      1 acpuclk-8064 acpuclk-8064: SPEED BIN: 1
[    0.446299] c0      1 acpuclk-8064 acpuclk-8064: ACPU PVS: 2
Here is the "warning" that seemed odd.

Code:
 288427] [WARNING][ACPU] get_pvs: ACPU PVS: Unknown. Defaulting to slow
Is that why it shows 2 or is mine made as 2?

Hi, I believe yours is 2
Which appeared first?
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uzephi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog View Post
Hi, I believe yours is 2
Which appeared first?
The warning did. You want me to PM you a link to the last_kmsg? I can upload it to dropbox real quick

The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poondog
Old
Thanks Meter 10,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi View Post
The warning did. You want me to PM you a link to the last_kmsg? I can upload it to dropbox real quick

Ok, that makes me unsure then
Iirc though the pvs0, 1 etc and the fast, nominal slow are different to each other

The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]