Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from BeansTown106: Alliance Rom Build 4 is Now Live For T-Mobile S5

☞[Rom]★AllianceRom - Build 4 ★ RomControl★[8/25/14][NG3]

Tip us?

VillainDivine
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by na4hotx View Post
I have reinstalled this multiple times roll back to an older version and still leave ATT data icon does not come back. Each each time I install that one option is missing from the menu. can someone please tell me how they installed it and got the AT&T menu to work
Install xposed framework, then wanam. this worked for me.

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibachrome View Post
Anyone having issues with internet running slow. Was using chrome beta and it was running fine then all of a sudden would take forever to load. Stock browser seams to be running fine, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
Similar here, only I'm experiencing this on both, Opera works great though.

icebrkr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Question Anything not working?

Just wondering if anything is not working? The Cyanogen guys have issues with GPS, NFC, Camera and a few other things. Also,is this a full compiled ROM or hacked-up stock image with a bunch of add-ons, mods and theming stuff over it??

Goldie
Old
(Last edited by Goldie; Yesterday at 08:30 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16,693

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebrkr View Post
Just wondering if anything is not working? The Cyanogen guys have issues with GPS, NFC, Camera and a few other things. Also,is this a full compiled ROM or hacked-up stock image with a bunch of add-ons, mods and theming stuff over it??
Its stock based although i wouldnt call it "hacked up stock with a bunch of add ons mods and theming stuff"!! All mods are coded in the same way they are in a source built rom....its just done in smali and not java. And being stock based everything (bar private mode) works as it should without losing the samsung features that make your s5 an s5

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you think its worth it......you could buy me a beer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marlonmccarter
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibachrome View Post
Anyone having issues with internet running slow. Was using chrome beta and it was running fine then all of a sudden would take forever to load. Stock browser seams to be running fine, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
I was but after I installed the latest modem i got speed back...

cyaclone
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Bluetooth Tethering
Thought that this ROM had the capability to have Bluetooth Tethering, but it failed me. Tonight I tried to connect to my Nexus 7 and had a connection but could not connect to anything on the internet that required a connection from my Nexus 7.

Others have told me that this technique is obsolete and not use by many. So since this maybe true, how does the rest of the world connect their WiFi only tablets to their phone for internet connection?

I have tried to connect this way with other third party Bluetooth Tethering methods but have been unsuccessful since leaving my S4 for this wonderful S5, I have not been able to connect.

Can someone show me the way to get a Bluetooth Tethering connection with my tablet?

cdjaney
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyaclone View Post
Bluetooth Tethering
Thought that this ROM had the capability to have Bluetooth Tethering, but it failed me. Tonight I tried to connect to my Nexus 7 and had a connection but could not connect to anything on the internet that required a connection from my Nexus 7.

Others have told me that this technique is obsolete and not use by many. So since this maybe true, how does the rest of the world connect their WiFi only tablets to their phone for internet connection?

I have tried to connect this way with other third party Bluetooth Tethering methods but have been unsuccessful since leaving my S4 for this wonderful S5, I have not been able to connect.

Can someone show me the way to get a Bluetooth Tethering connection with my tablet?
I just create Wi-Fi hotspot from phone and sign onto it from tablet like any other Wi-Fi connection.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyaclone View Post
Bluetooth Tethering

I've been using the Hotspot feature on my Chromecast/Tablet/laptop/"play phone" and haven't had any issues.

TA4S