Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does 9505 Roms work on S4 Value Edition? (9515)

Tip us?

Demibrot
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiscb View Post
Hello,

I just bought an S4 Black Edition - it turns out mine is a GT-i9515, although S4be are marketed as being GT-i9505 everywhere. It looks like all new S4 are likely to be Value Editions from now on.

I've been a CM10/11 user for quite a while with my old Galaxy S+ (i9001) and I really liked it. And I'm going crazy about this useless heap of .. which they call TouchWhizz .. does Samsung test this on real people? Isn't that too cruel?

Since there is no CustomROM, i wanted at least root, but atm Towelroot *does not work* - it just says "This phone isn't currently supported". Do you know of any other way to root on this special model?

Since CustomROMs don't just fall from the skies: What can I do to bring the development of i9515-ROM ahead? I'll provide any Information you need, I'll test, I'll translate ...

sincerely

mattiscb

Deviceinformation: Model GT-I9515, Android-version 4.4.2, Baseband I9515XXU1ANG3, kernel 3.4.0-2089226 (25.07.2014), Buildno. KOT49H.I9515XXU1ANG3
Others here who didn't use towelroot had success with "cf-autoroot". Note that you will void your warranty this way, although you would do so anyway if you want custom recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to Demibrot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alejandrito
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demibrot View Post
Others here who didn't use towelroot had success with "cf-autoroot". Note that you will void your warranty this way, although you would do so anyway if you want custom recovery
I did using this file: http://download.chainfire.eu/326/CF-...xx-gti9500.zip

It worked (although I cannot check for OTA updates anymore). I thought it would be ok to install CM11 on this model, but I think we're stuck with TW
The Following User Says Thank You to Alejandrito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

righi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Bump!

mattiscb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the hint, but i did not work for me. (tried 9500, 9505 and 9505G Versions). I'll check with the creators of towelroot and cf-autoroot, if there is any information I can provide to help them make a specific root for i9515 Black.

Miyifuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
please guys stop the devaluing of this thread, this is for ROMs and development for ours I9515, go create a thread about root and make all your questions right there

blackbunny96
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Exclamation Summary

I finally read all this topic ..... for any newcome who don't want to read all this topic i will make a review.
ROOT:2 ways
- using cf-root i9505
- using towelroot apk

RECOVERY:
- it's a working CWM in this topic if you want to have a custom rec.

CUSTOM ROM:
- no ..... only wifi bug reported ..... anything works ( correct me if i'm wrong)

One downside of using towelroot is that you can't unroot ( by flashing stock rom) .... this is what i read on different websites ...... i don't really now for real but if anyone used this method and can tell me if they can unroot is perfect. I will try to play a little with Kitchen ..... who knows what i will achieve

P.S. XPosed is confirmed working on s4 i9515 with root.
You can take a look at my roms here
BunnyROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2143035
WinROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204570
Nexus 5 Experience: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post47312954

Member of:

Our official website LINK

Our official facebook page LINK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbunny96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phileg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Good news for Xposed
If you forgot your list in the touch drivers problematic

fabiopts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you