Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Facebook events on mobile. How often do you use them?
Everyday, it's a must. 6 20.69%
Only for big events, 2-3 times a month. 6 20.69%
Just to check birthdays. 8 27.59%
NEVER! Events on facebook? Are you crazy? 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[APP][2.1+] Fast for Facebook - Fast 2.6.6 is out!

Tip us?

taomorpheus
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I think tao is working on an update.
He is busy with work so it may take time. Should be an excellent update.
Thank you, I am sorry guys for the absence, i got a bad fever and I had to travel these days, not a perfect combination. Anyway I am working on the new update, I will start to push a new little update in these days. Thank you for the support!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktitor View Post
@taomorpheus Hi I want to use your app but I've got a problem when I try to log in...
I got this
Happened to me too, this is a bug of the facebook web view, just wipe the data of the app and reboot, should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipdstnger2 View Post
For some odd reason when I reply to a post it is not posting again. Removed all permissions & logged back in. Same thing once again. Ideas?
What kind of posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashio83 View Post
Hi Taomorpheus, I really love the look and feel of Fast but I have an issue, my news feed only displays all posts from two of my like pages, it doesn't show any of my friends status's? Am I missing something, because I don't see any options for the news feed. I am on a Moto G Falcon XT1032 running CM11 nightly 6th Sept.

Thanks
Sometimes users are pissed of by games and scam apps so they disable third party apps access and apps like Fast (and the other alternatives) can't get this information. I will test the new Facebook api and hope they have fixed this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalboyz View Post
Does anyone know how to go next picture from post. Friend posted few pics, When I click on post it bring to the first picture and I would like to see the rest in album but can't find where to press next. Thx
Hi what android version do you have? You should see the pictures in the horizontal view (tap on the news)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
Hey man, i think im seeing a bug here (or is it just not possible with the api?), whenever i get a private message and i read it in fast for faccebook pro, facebook still thinks its not read so if i log in to facebook form my pc i still see 1 message and it than spams me over email as well that i have unread messages, but fast correctly marks it as read in the app itself.
thanks
Yeah, this is not a bug, Facebook doesn't permit write permissions on your inbox, that's a good thing because scam apps can't delete or access to your messages. The bad thing is that apps like Fast can't operate on your messages Sorry about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro.aggro View Post
notifications are still not working with my nexus 4 and v2.6.6.
Fast Pro or free? Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarf2k4 View Post
Hi tao, I would like to suggest that you convert this thread into devDB type thread so the people can report a number of bugs and you could check them out without browsing through each pages that you would miss out eventually.

Privacy setting are off, and clicking on it would bring up individual lists of my friends that I've added. Can you add the group list+check mark beside them so that we could post to specific groups only for our own privacy rights or/and add a privacy setting inside setting menu
Thank you for the ideas! I didn't know about the devdb thread, I usually use stock rom so I have no idea how it works I will check it.
Privacy groups is useful, I will add the feature in future updates!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taomorpheus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pro.aggro
Old
Thanks Meter 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by taomorpheus View Post

Fast Pro or free? Thx!

Pro

taomorpheus
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro.aggro View Post
Pro
Yeah, I have noticed that too, I just need some time to figure it out. Thank you!

thermalboyz
Old
Thanks Meter 286
@taomorpheus

I am with 4.4.2. basically I've upload a set of pics (Around 6) with post. When I click on it it only show the first picture and cannot view the rest. There wasn't an arrow to view next / previous. (which the web version does)
Please hit "Thanks" Button if you feel I worth to be Thanked.

Sent from my Pigeon
Tags
alternative to facebook, android 2.1+, fast for facebook