Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GPL][KERNEL] AeroKernel - 12.09.2014

Tip us?

slimshady76
Old
Thanks Meter 191
@Blechd0se: A quick feedback on the 12-09 version: running all the standard parameters (didn't touch AeroControl after upgrading the kernel) and ART, the phone fails to wake up after being in deep sleep for a while. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 pushes of the Power button to get the screen to switch on. I'll try to get a logcat and upload it for your consideration.
GNU/GPL: "May the Source be with you..."

juanchotazo99
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady76 View Post
@Blechd0se: A quick feedback on the 12-09 version: running all the standard parameters (didn't touch AeroControl after upgrading the kernel) and ART, the phone fails to wake up after being in deep sleep for a while. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 pushes of the Power button to get the screen to switch on. I'll try to get a logcat and upload it for your consideration.
It's also happening on dalvik, too. That rules buggy ART out.

Leproso_Ivan
Old
Thanks Meter 5
There any settings to conserve battery or the default is right?

Excuse me English.

slimshady76
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leproso_Ivan View Post

Excuse me English.
I'm easily getting two full days (and up to two and a half) on one charge with light usage, mostly connected to WiFi. All with the default settings.
GNU/GPL: "May the Source be with you..."

Blechd0se
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,149

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady76 View Post
That's really strange. Normally it takes less then 1 second for me to wake it up. With long deep sleep you mean over night for example?
Going to test this case for sure. In this case i am interested in both logcat and kmsg if you can get it

Quote:

Depends really on your usage. If you want some additional battery tips and don't use any heavy apps (games) then
just set the up_frequency for the hotplug driver so something higher than default. 1200000 should do the trick, it will prevent
the driver from onlining cores completely.

Excuse me English.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.sawrav View Post
Will you release this kernel for aosp based rom?
Probably not if its not the same base kernel. If its just a different ramdisk i might look into it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jorge_007
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I'm going to try this kernel out; Stock XT1034. I did have an issue with it yesterday though. I downloaded Aero Control and checked "Low Memory Option" and after I rebooted the screen would stay a sold magenta color and not boot... I had to do a factory restore. I'm not sure if it was the setting I ticked that caused it or not. I did not install Aero control the second time and it's been working as advertised lol

ItzzAce
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge_007 View Post
I'm going to try this kernel out; Stock XT1034. I did have an issue with it yesterday though. I downloaded Aero Control and checked "Low Memory Option" and after I rebooted the screen would stay a sold magenta color and not boot... I had to do a factory restore. I'm not sure if it was the setting I ticked that caused it or not. I did not install Aero control the second time and it's been working as advertised lol
This issue was already reported some time ago, it was the Option in the APP, you can also use Aero control if you want, just dont tick the Option again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItzzAce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nandeh
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Excuse me English.
Yup, default is perfectly tuned to get a good performance and battery life
Moto G

ROM: Stock 176.44.1 EU (KK 4.4.2)

Dropbox

Semseddin
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandeh View Post
Yup, default is perfectly tuned to get a good performance and battery life
Agreed.