Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,739 Members 43,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Stock] [ROM] Karbonn Titanium S5 plus / S5+

Tip us?
 
cybercrawler
Old
#31  
cybercrawler's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Default [MOD] SWAP External and Internal SD Card For S5 +

Yo all,as you know our device does not have much too much internal memory.So we cant install large HD games,and too many apps because of memory restrictions.So here is a guide to swap external with internal SD card.
This is before swapping


Just before u do this REMEMBER BACKUP YOUR PHONE.IT"S REALLY IMPORTANT!!!.
Refer to my earlier post of flashing CWM for the backup.

ALTHOUGH THIS MOD IS TESTED,I AM NOT BE BLAMED IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG.

Now,let's get our hands do the dirty work!

1 - Install Root Explorer or Root Browser.Any 1 is good.
2 - Copy every folder that is present in your internal sdcard to the external sdcard, so that your apps and games continue to work once you have swapped the sdcards.
3 - Browse to the location /system/etc and you will find a file named "vold.fstab"
4 - Open it with a Text editor and do the following Changes



DON"T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.JUST CHANGE WHAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED!

Ta Da!!! You are done.Just Reboot you'r phone and see the magic!!



Just remember to format your new external sdcard( which was you'r internal) as you have already copied the file to the newly made internal card!!
Androidji Ki Jai Ho!!,Jai Ho Androidji Ke!!
Play FPS or Racing Games The way they are meant to be played with a PS 3 controller :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681102
http://www.creotix.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/02/android-versions-cartoon-key-lime-pie.png
 
rjt.rockx
Old
#32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler View Post
I just successfully flashed CWM on S5+ using SP Flash Tools.Here follow the procedure.

1 - Open MTKdroid Tools with USB Debugging ON!
2 - Once your device is recognized click on Scatter From File.
3 - A file will be created.Save it anywhere where it is easily accessible with the custom recovery.img (CWM) in the folder.
4 - Download SP Flash Tools.Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650125
5 - Once Downloaded, open it and there click on scatter-loading and choose the saved file which you had recently created.
6 - Remember to choose only RECOVERY only.And then click on Download.
7 - Switch off your device and remove the battery.Once done Connect the USB to the device and after 2 second's insert the battery.The download process will start.
8 - When a message pops Download Ok,you have successfully flashed CWM!!.



PM ME IF YOU WANT ANY HELP!
Is the navigation buttons (lock button for opening the recovery, volume down for selection and volume up for enter) same or what ? by the way, builder.clockworkmod.com is redirecting to a link with a 404 not found if i click build after uploading the file and selecting touch recovery... does it work in your area ? please reply... if it works, try uploading it and creating a touch recovery for this phone... that would be a lot of help as touch is way better than using those messed up buttons to navigate through recovery...
by the way, for all those who have rooted their phone and are sick of that looooooooooong boot animation... use rom toolkit lite and disable the boot animation... this will disable that karbonn logo animation, but wont remove the image that is shown at first.(i.e. the girl with the multi coloured umbrella pic).
one more thing... you can flash the recovery.img through fastboot... easier method to do so...
(
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery <<pathtorecovery/recoveryfilename.extension>>
[ eg: fastboot flash recovery C://adb/cwmrecoverys5plus.img ]
fastboot reboot
)

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler View Post
Yo all,as you know our device does not have much too much internal memory.So we cant install large HD games,and too many apps because of memory restrictions.So here is a guide to swap external with internal SD card.
This is before swapping


Just before u do this REMEMBER BACKUP YOUR PHONE.IT"S REALLY IMPORTANT!!!.
Refer to my earlier post of flashing CWM for the backup.

ALTHOUGH THIS MOD IS TESTED,I AM NOT BE BLAMED IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG.

Now,let's get our hands do the dirty work!

1 - Install Root Explorer or Root Browser.Any 1 is good.
2 - Copy every folder that is present in your internal sdcard to the external sdcard, so that your apps and games continue to work once you have swapped the sdcards.
3 - Browse to the location /system/etc and you will find a file named "vold.fstab"
4 - Open it with a Text editor and do the following Changes



DON"T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.JUST CHANGE WHAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED!

Ta Da!!! You are done.Just Reboot you'r phone and see the magic!!



Just remember to format your new external sdcard( which was you'r internal) as you have already copied the file to the newly made internal card!!
one minor doubt... wont the dalvik cache and the apps have to be reconfigured ? please reply...
 
cybercrawler
Old
(Last edited by cybercrawler; 9th September 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
#33  
cybercrawler's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx View Post
Is the navigation buttons (lock button for opening the recovery, volume down for selection and volume up for enter) same or what ? by the way, builder.clockworkmod.com is redirecting to a link with a 404 not found if i click build after uploading the file and selecting touch recovery... does it work in your area ? please reply... if it works, try uploading it and creating a touch recovery for this phone... that would be a lot of help as touch is way better than using those messed up buttons to navigate through recovery...
by the way, for all those who have rooted their phone and are sick of that looooooooooong boot animation... use rom toolkit lite and disable the boot animation... this will disable that karbonn logo animation, but wont remove the image that is shown at first.(i.e. the girl with the multi coloured umbrella pic).
one more thing... you can flash the recovery.img through fastboot... easier method to do so...
(
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery
[ eg: fastboot flash recovery C://adb/cwmrecoverys5plus.img ]
fastboot reboot
)

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------


one minor doubt... wont the dalvik cache and the apps have to be reconfigured ? please reply...
No it does not clear the dalvik cache because the swapping has no connection with it.The swap simply (kind of fools) the device into installing the data on the SD Card thinking that it is a Internal Storage.As for the the apps,you are already moving them to your new internal storage (ie.SD Card after swap)so you wont have the need to "reconfigure" them.Anyways when I did the above above mod I had some apps installed and no data was erased when I did the swap.
Try the internal external Swap.I have installed Modern Combat 4,Asphalt 8,Real racing 3,Dead trigger 2 and still have 1.5 GB free.Earlier I couldn't even install Real Racing 3.Do try.

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx View Post
Is the navigation buttons (lock button for opening the recovery, volume down for selection and volume up for enter) same or what ? by the way, builder.clockworkmod.com is redirecting to a link with a 404 not found if i click build after uploading the file and selecting touch recovery... does it work in your area ? please reply... if it works, try uploading it and creating a touch recovery for this phone... that would be a lot of help as touch is way better than using those messed up buttons to navigate through recovery...
by the way, for all those who have rooted their phone and are sick of that looooooooooong boot animation... use rom toolkit lite and disable the boot animation... this will disable that karbonn logo animation, but wont remove the image that is shown at first.(i.e. the girl with the multi coloured umbrella pic).
one more thing... you can flash the recovery.img through fastboot... easier method to do so...
(
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery
[ eg: fastboot flash recovery C://adb/cwmrecoverys5plus.img ]
fastboot reboot
)

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------


one minor doubt... wont the dalvik cache and the apps have to be reconfigured ? please reply...
The Lock button is for choosing the option while the Volume + & - is for up and down.Also u don't have to press the lock button for opening the recovery.
And did you try to flash CWM as I have mentioned the steps?

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Androidji Ki Jai Ho!!,Jai Ho Androidji Ke!!
Play FPS or Racing Games The way they are meant to be played with a PS 3 controller :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681102
http://www.creotix.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/02/android-versions-cartoon-key-lime-pie.png
 
rjt.rockx
Old
#34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler View Post
No it does not clear the dalvik cache because the swapping has no connection with it.The swap simply (kind of fools) the device into installing the data on the SD Card thinking that it is a Internal Storage.As for the the apps,you are already moving them to your new internal storage (ie.SD Card after swap)so you wont have the need to "reconfigure" them.Anyways when I did the above above mod I had some apps installed and no data was erased when I did the swap.
Try the internal external Swap.I have installed Modern Combat 4,Asphalt 8,Real racing 3,Dead trigger 2 and still have 1.5 GB free.Earlier I couldn't even install Real Racing 3.Do try.

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------



The Lock button is for choosing the option while the Volume + & - is for up and down.Also u don't have to press the lock button for opening the recovery.
And did you try to flash CWM as I have mentioned the steps?

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nope. I still am trying to extract the stock Android system recovery 3e image file from my phone, so that I can generate a touch-based clockworkmod recovery from it. Anyone has Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus stock recovery.IMG file ? If anyone has it, then please upload it here. ClockWorkMod recovery builder isn't generating a touch-based recovery from the recovery file which I uploaded. If anyone can get a touch-based recovery from there and post the link to it here, I would be very thankful to you.
One more doubt. What will happen to the phone if I accidentally remove the external SD card? It doesn't go into a bootloop right? My phone never reboots properly except when I do a full data wipe.
 
cybercrawler
Old
#35  
cybercrawler's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx View Post
Nope. I still am trying to extract the stock Android system recovery 3e image file from my phone, so that I can generate a touch-based clockworkmod recovery from it. Anyone has Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus stock recovery.IMG file ? If anyone has it, then please upload it here. ClockWorkMod recovery builder isn't generating a touch-based recovery from the recovery file which I uploaded. If anyone can get a touch-based recovery from there and post the link to it here, I would be very thankful to you.
One more doubt. What will happen to the phone if I accidentally remove the external SD card? It doesn't go into a bootloop right? My phone never reboots properly except when I do a full data wipe.
Why do you need a touch based CWM?Just flash the custom recover .img file and be happy with it otherwise you will find more trouble.And what are you talking about the boot loop?.If it's about swapping then there is no problem of such things.

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Androidji Ki Jai Ho!!,Jai Ho Androidji Ke!!
Play FPS or Racing Games The way they are meant to be played with a PS 3 controller :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681102
http://www.creotix.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/02/android-versions-cartoon-key-lime-pie.png
 
nytyn
Old
#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Thumbs up It worked!!!!!

It worked!!! Had to download multiple drivers from multiple locations and i dint know which onew worked but it did!!! Thanks a million!!!
 
vinudumi
Old
#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default Karbonn s5 plus camera not working

Dear sir,

from past few days my camera is not working.
its shows black screen and it says "unfortunately gallery stopped"
i tried clearing galley data gallery cache but it is of no use still getting the same error.
finally i tried soft reset and Factory reset after factory reset also i am facing the same problem.
I can view pictures in gallery i thought some corrupted file may be causing this problem, but after formatting my SD card also i am having the same problem.
please hep me to solve this

Thanks
Vinay

Tags
karbonn, s5 plus, titanium s5+
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes