One of the BEST Android Browsers: Habit Browser

Search This thread

glos7777

Sep 7, 2010
Hey! :) I'm glad you like the app. And, kudos for donating to an app you like. But, I'm not the developer. :(

If you want, you can send feedback to the developer by going to: Settings -> Advanced -> Send Feedback. It generates an email with the proper subject and version details.

~Ibrahim~

yeah thanks ;)

yahanna

Jun 23, 2014
hi @ikjadoon ..

thanks for very good app.. I love it and using about 6 month.. and donated.. I have a few kindly advise for your app.

1)please make it fast when first launch app,
2)make smooth and fast zoom when double tap.
3)add an option to "open in background tab on/off when using gesture" because it is annoying to opening another tab..
4)icon size is too small.. I am using 400DPi but nothing changed after an update which is including icon size fix.
5)it doesnt save and remember any password :S I always doing manuel entry.
6)and if there is an option to "display order to grid view" or small windows like speed dial, in the bookmarks , it will be great..

thanks in advance.

Questions 1,2,3 and 5 already have options in Habit. All you need to do is go to settings and set those prefrences.

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
pass

Anyone know of a way to get it to save passwords? It'll ask me for some sites, but not for others, and typing the password in over and over again day after day can get a bit boring.

Tengo1

Jan 30, 2013
Chełm
text wrap

I don't know if I just don't see or there is no "Text wrap" (Yandex browser name) option, but it's very important for me (it resize font on shoutbox). If they'll add this option it's going to be the best browser for android. Right now 4/5

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
followup to "text wrap"

I don't know if I just don't see or there is no "Text wrap" (Yandex browser name) option, but it's very important for me (it resize font on shoutbox). If they'll add this option it's going to be the best browser for android. Right now 4/5

I don't know exactly where the option is or how it's labelled, but I know it's in the settings somewhere because I have it enabled :D.

I think it's under "content" - either "auto-fit pages" or "text auto reflow". Both are currently enabled on my copy.

Tengo1

Jan 30, 2013
Chełm
Enabled and disabled both options, but won't work for me. :(

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

mhm... I have disabled only this "text auto reflow" and move "text reflow zoom factor" to 0.

Anyway here are my settings of content folder (can't post screen/link, because of number of posts):
Replace the old-style embedded video: disabled
Auto scroll speed: 20
View full page: enabled
Auto-fit pages: enabled
Test auto reflow: disabled
Text reflow zoom factor: 0
Use wide viewport: enabled

Try it, maybe it will work

yahanna

Jun 23, 2014
I want to use user scripts in Habit browser. I want to darken the background and lighten the color of the font and links. Can someone help me with this?

HuaweiVogue

Mar 28, 2014
This browser really have lot of settings :D
It might be my next favorite browser. With quick testing it seem to work very nice and fast.

Just tested sunspider benchmark and habit browser got better result than any other browser what I have tested (puffin is better but it work different way).

mojito13

Aug 8, 2014
I don't know how this passed me by for so long but holy moly am I liking this so far. Had been using Chrome for a long time and while it's excellent and works just fine, I'm liking the Habit a bit more. Change of pace, like the look, tons of settings - what's not to love.

guess005

Apr 5, 2011
I'll give this a test run for a bit, I liked UC browser, but it has so many bugs between updates sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not my app, just found in a Reddit post--tried it, it's amazing. Basically, whatever you're using right now is probably inferior. :D I used Boat Browser, then Chrome extensively. Dabbled in Dolphin, Firefox, Maxthon, and a few others. Habit Browser beats them all handily. Amazingly, it's free!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ddo.pigsty.HabitBrowser

Best mostly unique features of HB (Habit Browser):

• Set URL re-directs: don't you hate when XDA forum links from a Google search don't open Tapatalk? HB allows you to add new URL re-directs to apps (as many as you want)
    • Customize EVERY toolbar: customize the address bar, tab toolbar, and browsing toolbar (back, forward, refresh, home) to 1) go away 2) place exactly where you want them (top, bottom, this toolbar on top of that, etc.), 3) change the buttons (with swiping and long-press functionality), 4) themes, and lots more
    • Set a real home-page, meaning it will open when you open a new tab.
    • Pie control.
    • Gestures for flicking that DO NOT require another "interface" (like Dolphin's odd implementation).
    • A bajiillion more. Not even kidding; easily over 100 options.

The first three sold it to me instantly ("sold"...it's ACTUALLY FREE). I implore you to try it, not because I like it, but because it will change your Android browsing experience for the better.
    Hey guys try Yuzu browser. Thank me later.
    Odd name for a browser, Habit Browser, but thanks for the recommendation, this is superb, probably the best all-round browser I've come across (and I've spent the last week trying pretty much every notable one) for someone looking for a full set of features and functions, total customizability and tweakability, all with a light system footprint.

Some of the features that really stood out for me (in addition to the ones ikjadoon mentioned in the first post):

1. Custom user agent string. Few browsers allow this, and I use this to set a custom user agent string that says just 'Mobile'. This forces Facebook to load the older, non-Javascript version of the mobile site, which is MUCH lighter both to render and to hold in memory (it uses about half the memory of the usual Facebook mobile site) - at the expense of the different layout and Javascript functionality for instant, non-reloading interaction such as liking posts and auto-refreshing messages.
    Very often, I just want to check and respond to pending notifications/messages, and check out what's going on on my news feed, for which I find this lighter, stripped-down site far easier to work with without memory use skyrocketing and disrupting my other running tasks.

2. Per-site and per-tab user agent rules - I use this to force Facebook to load its stripped-down non-JS site, while leaving all other sites loading the usual Android or desktop versions. Total control.

3. The two quick 'pie' menus, accessible by swiping inwards from the screen edges. Fully customisable to hold the functions/toggles/features that you use most often. My quick menus are customised for quick access to inverted rendering, sharing the current page (to Evernote or Messaging), per-tab user agent, favourites, open tabs list, switch to previous/next open tab, open address bar, and a few others, so I can get rid of the main toolbar/menus for a full-screen experience without losing out on usability.

4. Fully customisable interface, toolbars and menus. This lets me pick exactly what I want to see and use, getting rid of things like the home page button (which I never use), to make room for other buttons and toggles of choice, shift the positions and sizes of the toolbars, or get rid of the menu/toolbar entirely. No other browser comes close, in this department. Outstanding.

5. Can use Flash. I haven't ever needed to use Flash yet, but it's nice to know that Habit can do it, if I ever need to.

6. Inverted rendering/night mode, for reading at night or in low-light conditions. Many browsers (including stock AOSP) have this, but not some of the other major contenders, like Opera.

7. Assorted gestures like flicking to switch tabs, all customisable.

8. Despite all this, it's about as light and fast as the stock AOSP browser or Naked Browser (which was my top choice for almost a year), and is clearly designed to maximise performance.

The only underwhelming thing about Habit is the slightly unpolished interface, especially the often quirky language in the menus and settings, that just leaves the overall impression a little rough around the edges. I sent the developer a polite e-mail with suggestions regarding this. And as shallow as this may sound. I also can't shake off the feeling that 'Habit Browser' is an odd name that might steer a lot away from even giving this excellent browser a chance.
    I am not a fan of the UI at all. Its not very polished and way too cluttered.

What you would call "cluttered" is what makes this browser so unique and well-liked. While most people like the iOS-ish UIs [read: simple, lacking in tweakability, lacking in functional access, lacking in deep user control] and accept what the browser dev structured without the ability to tune it exactly the way one would want it, Habit is the "geek's browser", where it provides a heap of controls, tweaks, functional access, and allows one to make the browser behave exactly the way they want it.

To me, "polish" is exposing all possible controls and tweakability of a browser. Habit does this well. It is not for everyone. Just like not everyone wants to root and deeply customize their device--they rather use it as is. For those majority of the population [read: not geeky, not "truly" technical, don't know what ADB is lol], there are plenty of more "polished" and less "cluttered" 3rd-party browsers out there.....

I, for one, feel that Habit fills a sorely missing gap in the browser space. I just wished Habit would use its own framework so that it can remember passwords under KK.....
    Update to all users: the developer has rewritten the entire application from scratch! :)

New Habit Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ddo.pigsty.HabitBrowser

Seems identical in features. UI is a little bigger and themes are a bit different. I didn't import settings from the old app-it just took 5 minutes to manually copy them over.

At least one bug is fixed: tapping the Google search box does not cause the page to jump up and then down again (kept tapping the one below the one I wanted to tap).

Otherwise, nothing much. :) Very glad and happy to have an active dev.