Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][bacon] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [2014-09-12]

Tip us?

Vonnegut
Old
(Last edited by Vonnegut; Yesterday at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMaxII View Post
People like me... Mate, I read your guide. But I asked a question because someone else had told me that backing up those two is simply not enough, and your post didn't go into detail about those particular things he mentioned. It was just a question.
English is not my natural born language. I see your point and i apologize but with writing "ppl like you" i meant "ppl who wants more than that and should be looking for the other script"
As for you, frankly speaking, i made a stupid script for backing up everything and i even went so far to put the link in the very same post you did quote. If you wanted more than modemst1&2, you already had it..that was the meaning.
Then again, that could be misunderstood..but (again), frankly speaking, what was the most likely meaning of "ppl like you" when someone reply to someone asking for everything? Think about it.
There was no offense in my reply, i just emphasized that what you were looking for was already in the very post you quoted.
Read it again and you'll agree that I also pointed ppl like you to chapter 11 of the Timmaaa guide was referring to anyone looking for a full backup.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vonnegut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IIMaxII
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
English is not my natural born language. I see your point and i apologize but with writing "ppl like you" i meant "ppl who wants more than that and should be looking for the other script"
As for you, frankly speaking, i made a stupid script for backing up everything and i even went so far to put the link in the very same post you did quote. If you wanted more than modemst1&2, you already had it..that was the meaning.
Then again, that could be misunderstood..but (again), frankly speaking, what was the most likely meaning of "ppl like you" when someone reply to someone asking for everything? Think about it.
There was no offense in my reply, i just emphasized that what you were looking for was already in the very post you quoted.
Read it again and you'll agree that I also pointed ppl like you to chapter 11 of the Timmaaa guide was referring to anyone looking for a full backup.
No harm no foul play. I was just wondering for educational purposes, not to actually backup. I was confused why the EFS would be stored like that if this guy was right.

dmo580
Old
Thanks Meter 579
So I find it interesting that a combination of restoring my TWRP backup (minus modemst1) and wiping factory reset from TWRP can get me a boot with Wifi and BT working. Cellular does NOT work. But as always after a reboot its gone!!!

Why does that happen? I'm accepting that this phone is toast and I cannot get cellular working ever as the IMEI is probably lost, but why does WiFi work and then completely die out after a reboot?

Is there any way I can at least keep the WiFi so I can use this as a glorified iPod touch?
Current:
OnePlus One | CM 11S | Nexus 5 | crDroid for Nexus 5

Legacy Devices:
LG Nexus 4 | CM 11 Nightlies | Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies | Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 11 Nightlies | HP TouchPad | CM 11 Nightly 06072014 | Nexus S i9020a | CM 11 Nightlies | Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post
So I find it interesting that a combination of restoring my TWRP backup (minus modemst1) and wiping factory reset from TWRP can get me a boot with Wifi and BT working. Cellular does NOT work. But as always after a reboot its gone!!!

Why does that happen? I'm accepting that this phone is toast and I cannot get cellular working ever as the IMEI is probably lost, but why does WiFi work and then completely die out after a reboot?

Is there any way I can at least keep the WiFi so I can use this as a glorified iPod touch?

Just throwing this out there but the version of ColorOS was it the same as the one most used successfully or was it a newer version that you used. Just thinking that it may be a specific one that has the magic. Sorry just throwing stuff out there in hopes something sticks and works for you
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!