Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unified Remote - it works on Galaxy Gear!

Tip us?

hurdlejade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Unified Remote - it works on Galaxy Gear!

After listening to some tips on this forum about Unified Remote, I just wanted to share good news with you guys.

The app DOES WORK! It doesn't require tethering through phone, as there is a direct connection made between Gear-PC. Your PC must be equipped in bluetooth of course. Make sure you turn on bluetooth in Unified Remote options on your PC. After that search for new server with your Gear.

Below few screenshots of sample remotes. There is about 0,3 sec lag so it's nearly latency free

I love the idea of controlling my PC from my wrist. I can change volume, shuffle songs, play/pause movies and way more.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Mouse control - just move your finger around the screen to control the pointer

Media controller - change volume, songs etc (Winamp, Media Player, MusicBee, Foobar etc)

i created this small remote to control media player classic. i can play/pause videos, switch to next episode, rewind etc.

it's sending keystrokes to your currently running app, so you can create anything you like.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hurdlejade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonerwerk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How it works? And for wich gear it is?

Hello!

This works on gear 1 or gear 2? Or both?

And how you got the App on the gear? Or itīs a ready Download on GalaxyGear Apps?

Thanx

Tonerwerk

speedme
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I have a HTPC (Home Theater PC) at home which I control using a BT keyboard (and build-in mousepad).
I have XBMC running on it.

Would I be able to control my XBMC with this app ?

Would be awesome if I could

NakedFaerie
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Where is this app?
Android or Tizen?
-= COZ I CAN =-