Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Turge: Got issues with the registration? You might want to read the FAQ

[ROM][Vzw] ViperOneM8 2.4.0 Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

Tip us?

Ithao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Almost solved the problem

I used the stock 4.4.3 kernel m8vzw.
Flash this in recovery: Stock 4.4.3 m8vzw insecure kernel w / modules

I tested on ROMs Viper One and Android Revolution HD , it worked, but only the Wifi Hotspot does not work.

Please create one kernel that works for the Verizon HTC M8, which also operates the Wifi and Wifi Hotspot.

Thank you.

losthyway
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just flashed the insecure kernel. And tested hotspot after your post. Worked for me using Viper 2.4

BFirebird101
Old
(Last edited by BFirebird101; Today at 04:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston2291 View Post
I have the latest firmware along with clean flashing viper 2.4 and i have zero bluetooth issues. I stream from my phone to car for about 45 mins both ways back and forth to work. Also have phone paired to about 5 cars that I have no issues with. Something might have been borked when you flashed possibly. I have full bluetooth control as well as connectivity.
Hope you get it straightened out!
Cheers!
I don't see how though. MD5 was good when I flashed, and I did a clean flash, full data wipe and everything. I've stayed with the stock kernel. I might flash the one someone else talked about a few pages back and try that out.

Also, in case I want to revert back to the stock 4.2.0 Viper kernel, where can I find a flashable zip file of this? I think in Aroma there is a way to just flash the kernel though, so if anyone can confirm this, then nevermind.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Verizon HTC One M8.

ROM: ViperOne 2.4.0

losthyway
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes, just reinstall through aroma.
The Following User Says Thank You to losthyway For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rhodyvik
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So, I finally had success last night with EliteLunar's (@buckmarble) kernel with ViperOne2.4. After flashing the kernel, I was able to access a 128GB micro SD card! Finally! So happy. So those out there with trouble, flash their kernel. If it fails the first time, as I learned, you must delete the kernel/zip and download it again. Hope this helps some people with issues w SD cards >32GB.
The Following User Says Thank You to rhodyvik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eoldham72
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Awesome right?! And able to run v2.4 and everything works. Makes waiting for v2.5 a little better.
The Following User Says Thank You to eoldham72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Preston2291
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Did the Viper team remove the adblock host file in the latest version because I never had ads on 1 and now all I see are ads in browsers and apps

nomisunrider
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
I keep getting the open wifi networks available and the setting isn't under the advanced tab. Where do I go again in sqlite editor to disable it again?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post55487203

holla420
Old
Thanks Meter 1,116
Quote:
Did the Viper team remove the adblock host file in the latest version because I never had ads on 1 and now all I see are ads in browsers and apps
Did u remove it during aroma?

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk
Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper