Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] HTC J One / HTL22 / M7_WLJ Root/Recoveries/CustomRoms

Tip us?

Omegaclawe
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseeblog View Post
I want to use this mobile outside on Japan, how can I use the local GSM Sim on the mobile? Will a custom ROM do it?
You have to first do a SIM unlock (see the above post), then you might have to get a GSM-based ROM for it. Tako910 has created a ROM convert tool that allows you to make the ROM GSM based, but it only works correctly on Cyanogenmod based ROMs and is a bit buggy. Also, I can't load his site at this time to provide a link.

nakagusukumike
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone can do it, but if you're lazy here's the latest converted CM11 nightly that I'm running.

I had some issues with Camera/GPS/Phone on various other CM11 builds, but in this one everything is working properly.

http://blacklinux.com/pages/public/c...android/HTL22/

http://blacklinux.com/pages/public/c...7wlj_HTL22.zip

Cheers,

- Mike

XUNILI
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC J ONE UPDATE Official ROM AU KDDI

I just found a message, can`t post a link, because of XDA-spam-prevention. Just google for /information/notice_mobile/update/update-20140902-01/ and you will find it on the official website of au kddi

So it looks like there is an official OTA update for HTC J One HTL22 from AU KDDI. How can I get it? If I do check my update function in the phone, it says there is no UPDATES.

My phone is rooted und unlocked. Any ideas mates? My be a some kind of manual update anyway?

THX

Omegaclawe
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUNILI View Post
I just found a message, can`t post a link, because of XDA-spam-prevention. Just google for /information/notice_mobile/update/update-20140902-01/ and you will find it on the official website of au kddi

So it looks like there is an official OTA update for HTC J One HTL22 from AU KDDI. How can I get it? If I do check my update function in the phone, it says there is no UPDATES.

My phone is rooted und unlocked. Any ideas mates? My be a some kind of manual update anyway?

THX
They usually don't just make it available to everyone from day 1. Be patient.

...and also, before you install, please save the OTA file somewhere so those of us who run custom roms can pull the firmware updates.

androg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4.4.2 update

I installed the OTA HTL22 stock 4.4.2 update with Sense 5.5 two days ago. Meh. Can't say I notice huge changes. Apart from the fact that AU has overwritten the Google emoji (morons - HTC told me that was a directive from AU to make sure that all other phones could see them properly. But it has broken them in Hangouts. Come on - this is Japan, and you screw with emoji, you gotta expect a backlash!!), and some other weirdness, I can't say I notice much. Battery life seems worse, not better, TBH.

I am regretting it now, as I'd love to root it and fix some stuff up as a result. But with a 1.57 bootloader, the whole downgrade stuff gives me the willies.

Anyone rooted after the latest OTA update? (and if so, can you point a semi-noob in the right direction? I don't want a custom ROM, just the unlock and root). Cheers

naeco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by androg View Post
I installed the OTA HTL22 stock 4.4.2 update with Sense 5.5 two days ago. Meh. Can't say I notice huge changes. Apart from the fact that AU has overwritten the Google emoji (morons - HTC told me that was a directive from AU to make sure that all other phones could see them properly. But it has broken them in Hangouts. Come on - this is Japan, and you screw with emoji, you gotta expect a backlash!!), and some other weirdness, I can't say I notice much. Battery life seems worse, not better, TBH.

I am regretting it now, as I'd love to root it and fix some stuff up as a result. But with a 1.57 bootloader, the whole downgrade stuff gives me the willies.

Anyone rooted after the latest OTA update? (and if so, can you point a semi-noob in the right direction? I don't want a custom ROM, just the unlock and root). Cheers
I dont know any other way but flash a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7 and then you install SuperSU from Play Store. SuperSU will guide you steps to update the required binaries in order for the device to be rooted.

I'm currently on stock 4.4.2 and rooted with TWRP recovery.

HTC J ONE (HTL22) 32G Stock 4.4.2 Rooted TWRP 2.7
N7 32G Tilapia 4.4.4 Rooted, TWRP 2.6.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to naeco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco View Post
I dont know any other way but flash a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7 and then you install SuperSU from Play Store. SuperSU will guide you steps to update the required binaries in order for the device to be rooted.

I'm currently on stock 4.4.2 and rooted with TWRP recovery.
Thanks/Domo, naeco.

How did you go with unlocking the bootloader? Have to downgrade first before the TWRP install?

boukan22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default update installation

hi i need help please. I have a htc j one htl22 and I downloaded an update but I do not know how to install it. when I run the installation the phone turns off and turns back into recovery mode. could someone tell me what to do

Omegaclawe
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by androg View Post
Thanks/Domo, naeco.

How did you go with unlocking the bootloader? Have to downgrade first before the TWRP install?
Yes. I posted a guide to do so on the last page. I can't say for sure it'll work with the new OTA, but I can say that, if it doesn't, you're not likely to brick your device doing so; most likely security measures'd just block it and it'll do nothing. Feel free to PM me if you need further help.

Of course... none of this would be an issue if HTC / AU didn't block the AU CID from being unlocked on HTC Dev...
The Following User Says Thank You to Omegaclawe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XUNILI
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi mates.

Some one, please upload this update 4.4.2 for download to any host. PLEASE. I cant download it via OTA, cuz I'am in Germany for a while.

THX, mates.

Tags
htc j one, htc j one s-off, htl22, j one custom roms, m7_wlj