ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can i use front tempered glass on the back of my z2?

OP TeNdr

27th June 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
I recently bought tempered glass from brando and very happy with it. I now plan to buy another one for the back but i want to protect the camera as well. Is it ok if i use the front without cutouts or my camera will be affected?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

98 posts
I don't know if tempered glass will have the same problem; but I placed a plastic screen protector on the back and I noticed that if you cover the flash then when you take a picture, the light from the flash will travel along the protector and cause an annoying blue glare in all your night shots using the flash.
28th June 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 99

517 posts
More
You could, but you'd somehow have to cut a hole for camera/flash
29th June 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #4  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
More
If u place it over the camera the flash light will fcuk up your pics. U need one with cut outs.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th September 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Yes you can. i had tempered glass on my Z1 before .I gave away my Z1 and bought Z2. before giving it i removed the tempered glass and applied it on the backside of z2. it looks abit weird but works fine for me. ( actually looks like man wearing shorts )
i was worried why my photos with flash looked weird blue. thanks guys for the heads up. the only thing which was keeping me away from Sony phones was lack of Gorilla glass ( dunno why they are so stubborn ) . now because of introduction of tempered glass i switch over to Sony from M7. I salute the guys who invented tempered glass protection.. Great find
19th September 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalkatke

Yes you can. i had tempered glass on my Z1 before .I gave away my Z1 and bought Z2. before giving it i removed the tempered glass and applied it on the backside of z2. it looks abit weird but works fine for me. ( actually looks like man wearing shorts )
i was worried why my photos with flash looked weird blue. thanks guys for the heads up. the only thing which was keeping me away from Sony phones was lack of Gorilla glass ( dunno why they are so stubborn ) . now because of introduction of tempered glass i switch over to Sony from M7. I salute the guys who invented tempered glass protection.. Great find

pretty sure Sony use Dragontail glass, and its very close to Gorilla glass if not better
19th September 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

123 posts
I got front and back protector from here. Happy with it. It fits perfectly fine, doesn't add anything to the thickness, and works properly with the magnetic dock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread