Originally Posted by maciek1o3s
So basically i followed this guide - wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_ace
Let's start from the first part wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_ace
I plug in phone, i can see it in my PC as D drive but nothing more, after command "fastboot devices" i get 0 info - just like no devices were connected, but after i write "adb reboot-bootloader" my phone goes into this white screen. After this message about unrecognised device connected to USB appears. From now i can't use command "astboot flash recovery your_recovery_image.img"
I also has question, what does command "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" stands for? After writing this command i get info "waiting for device....".
I've also has question - why I unlock phone? What does it stands for? Does unlock means the same as rooting phone?
My System is Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Maybe i should install some HTC drivers or something like this? I installed HTC Sync, then uninstalled it, so just pure drivers should be left on PC but it still do not help me :/
USB debugging is on.
make sure you have a working usb cable
1) your phone must be unlocked to flash a new rom
2 )Our phones are locked by HTC to protect the phone from unwanted things
3) HTC official web site helps you to unlock your phone ,follow the instructions as they have mentioned,it is too easy
every thig is explained here
3) for root try this
4) download rom you want and copy it to sd card
shut down your phone ,push power+volume down button
on bootloader screen you must see UNLOCKED
plug it to PC
you LL see fastboot Usb
On PC ,copy and paste the boot.img file of the rom to fast boot folder (it is in the nameofrom.zip )
open a command windows on this folder
write fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot boot.img
here are the some links and videos to help you on flashing boot.img
4) then go recovery on phone
wipe data factory cache dalvik cache and install zip from sd card
choose the rom
and restart your phone
5) identifier_token is kind a code which HTC sends you , it belongs your phone to unlock your phone
6) Root and Unlock are different things also there is another guy, it name is S-off
7) Windows 8 maybe will have problem , but windows 7 and windows xp are OK
8) make sure close antivrus and firewall
I hope these will help you
Peace at Home, Peace in the World