Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 44,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

★ |[How-To]| EffortLess Guide | NF9 | | Flashing | | Rooting | | Recovery | 10SEP14 ★

Tip us?

Mega Montana
Old
Thanks Meter 124
I'm using the NF4 and love how the Samsung keyboard will automatically apply the displayed special character, such as ! or @ without the usual popup and having to do separate keypress to select it. Is that an edit you made @effortless or is it a feature built into the stock keyboard that I just haven't figured out how to set?

Megaflop666
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulatorx View Post
quote from stephen king's "1408"
"yeah there it is! ahhh sir you're a genius, a gentleman and scholar, thank you ..let me give you a...( gentleman walks away)..........tip.

edit: due to " All the previous changes except: NO unlimited tethering, NO EXT SD card fix, and NO 4-way reboot" I will be waiting for the 8.1 release to update from 7.1
I am at least half way thru the process as I was able to update my build and baseband. While, YES , I lost the true rom 7.1 and am running stock ATM, all my apps and setting weren't touched. I'm just gonna hang in here with how it is , then flash 8.1 when it comes out. And thanks again Megaflop666 for helping me and so fast
Slap some xposed on there and mod that stock to a custom. :thumbup:
If someone helped you, hit "THANKS"

colx_sig

Note 3, Bobcat ROM, ColonelXB & OKJ -- Note 3, Tweaked ROM, ColonelXB & OKJ
Galaxy Gear, Null ROM, Triangulum Kernel

S5, Rooted NH5, Blaze Kernel & OKJ -- Nexus 7, Clean ROM, ElementalX Kernel & OKJ
S4, Rooted NH7, Chronic Kernel & OKJ -- S3, Resurrection Remix ROM --- Tab Pro 10.1, Stock Rooted
Tab 2 10.1, OmniROM

Misc iJunk & other crap too
The Following User Says Thank You to Megaflop666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

effortless
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,067

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Montana View Post
I'm using the NF4 and love how the Samsung keyboard will automatically apply the displayed special character, such as ! or @ without the usual popup and having to do separate keypress to select it. Is that an edit you made @effortless or is it a feature built into the stock keyboard that I just haven't figured out how to set?
It depends on the ROM. Most T-Mobile Note 3 ROMS have it enabled by default. It's a CSC edit..

<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>en_US;es;e s_US</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
<CscFeature_Sip_SymbolPopupInput>SINGLE</CscFeature_Sip_SymbolPopupInput>

I make sure it's enabled on all my ROMS, however if you install wanam xposed, it disables the special characters by default. You can enable them again within wanam xposed- Look under "System" and then click to "Enable keyboard symbols".

I also enable

<CscFeature_Sip_AlternativeCharPopupInput>Hide</CscFeature_Sip_AlternativeCharPopupInput>

So you can drag and when you lift your finger, it hides the extra boxes. Saves you from having to click the extra character after it pops up.

It's the small things
The Following User Says Thank You to effortless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mega Montana
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless View Post
It depends on the ROM. Most T-Mobile Note 3 ROMS have it enabled by default.

It's the small things
I realize I meant to pay this in your ROM thread nonetheless thanks for sharing. Actually a lot of the custom ROMs ive flashed haven't seemed to have that enabled and so I was impressed when using uiur ROM to see that when typing. Appreciate it!

emulatorx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaflop666 View Post
Slap some xposed on there and mod that stock to a custom. :thumbup:
thanks again!, should keep me until effortless 8.1
Device: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
Rom: Effortless Rom REV 8
Recovery: TWRP

MartyMar_XVII
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I might be getting a note 3 soon, this question has probably been answered but do I have to install the effotless rom? or can I install whatever rom I want?

Megaflop666
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMar_XVII View Post
I might be getting a note 3 soon, this question has probably been answered but do I have to install the effotless rom? or can I install whatever rom I want?
After you root it, find any good ROM you like. If you're going with touchwiz, look for Roms nf1 or newer, or go with an AOSP, or cyanogenmod or something. Whatever you'd like. But this should be researched and discussed over in the note 3 general discussion forum. :thumbup:
If someone helped you, hit "THANKS"

colx_sig

Note 3, Bobcat ROM, ColonelXB & OKJ -- Note 3, Tweaked ROM, ColonelXB & OKJ
Galaxy Gear, Null ROM, Triangulum Kernel

S5, Rooted NH5, Blaze Kernel & OKJ -- Nexus 7, Clean ROM, ElementalX Kernel & OKJ
S4, Rooted NH7, Chronic Kernel & OKJ -- S3, Resurrection Remix ROM --- Tab Pro 10.1, Stock Rooted
Tab 2 10.1, OmniROM

Misc iJunk & other crap too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megaflop666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rockinandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 66
trying to download full nf9 but keeps coming up hashes dont match...anyone know whats up with this....how to download good one...thanks for any help

sidneyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinandroid View Post
trying to download full nf9 but keeps coming up hashes dont match...anyone know whats up with this....how to download good one...thanks for any help
Did you try downloading from sammobile site? That's what I had to do. It will take awhile but will be worth it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
Asus eee Pad Transformer B6O TF101
32GB Internal / 64GB microSD
Asus Keyboard Dock
OmniROM 4.4.4_r1 KitKat
Gapps-PA-micro-modular for 4.4.x
TWRP 2.7.1.5 Touch Recovery

T-Mo Samsung Galaxy Note 3
EffortLess ROM | REV6 | N900T UVUDNF1 (4.4.2)
TWRP 2.7.2.0 Touch Recovery

If I have helped out in any way, please hit the Thanks button.

D3TH METAL
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Great success with this guide. I had to download Triangle Away and reflashed stock NF9. Thank you!!