Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.2+][ROOT] SecondScreen - optimize your Android for the big screen

Tip us?

stargate125645
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post
thank you for the reply.

anyone has used SecondScreen with appradio? how long your cell phone work while connected to data and gps and cut off cell display?

Looks like Nexus 5 and LG 3 are almost the same. Any cell supports cut off own screen power while HDMI is ON?
Battery life cannot be answered since it varies by device and model and user. The whole point of screen off feature is for use with video out, so not sure what specifically you are asking about there.

mikek753
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Battery life cannot be answered since it varies by device and model and user. The whole point of screen off feature is for use with video out, so not sure what specifically you are asking about there.
something were lost in my sentence

I'm looking for power off of cell phone display to limit battery drain, but DATA and GPS have to be ON and working
I need cell phone in my car as GPS device that outputs to external HDMI touchscreen display.
Best Regards.
Mike

Samsung S3, S3Rx 4.0 TouchWiz 4.4 NE4, Samsung MHL 2.0 with 2A charger, Pioneer x8500bhs (car)
looking for fastcharge while HDMI is ON

stargate125645
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post
something were lost in my sentence

I'm looking for power off of cell phone display to limit battery drain, but DATA and GPS have to be ON and working
I need cell phone in my car as GPS device that outputs to external HDMI touchscreen display.
But that's what this program does, so why are you asking for software that does it on a thread for a piece of software that will do it?
Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport