Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Magnetic Charging point - FELL OUT!

OP stargate1000

9th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #11  
Flag Reykjavik
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
Has your phone experienced any extreme heat, I'm thinking why the glue failed.
9th June 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidR53

Has your phone experienced any extreme heat, I'm thinking why the glue failed.

I wouldn't say so. Nothing over normal temps.

I would say that the amount of bond used was miniscule like a circle in the middle of the charging point. Not enough in my opinion as the surface area it covered was too small.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th August 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 105

1,054 posts
More
I see this appears to be common. How bad is this? I am about to get a Z2 with OEM dock but if this is a common thing perhaps I'll reconsider.
4th August 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #14  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 18

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mystery

I see this appears to be common. How bad is this? I am about to get a Z2 with OEM dock but if this is a common thing perhaps I'll reconsider.

I have been using magnetic charger for two months now. So far it's still intact.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremy.shi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
Same here, used magnetic charger seens I bought my Z2 (about 2 month ago) and it works great. Don't have stock desktop charger, bought an adapter cable.

Skickat från Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fredriks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
I'm thinking about buying a magnetic charger, but I'm curious as to how people are disconnecting theirs to cause this issue.

My thoughts on it are if you pull it out horizontally, you are obviously putting strain on it by just pulling it off/out. I would have thought the best way to disconnect would be to basically "peel" it off, so that the magnet disconnects at a 90 degree angle. This would then not put any strain on the glue or whatever is used.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
9th August 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I have read a few reviews on some different mag cables and a lot of the aftermarket ones tout how strong the magnetic connection is compared to stock. Maybe the OEM cable was not too strong by design. Also wondering what kind of glue it is holding the port in. I just got my Z2 and I like it a lot so far. The mag cable looks like a great convenience which I'll be buying as soon as I decide I'm definitely keeping the phone (I'm commitment-challenged). Got my phone from B&H Photo and it says they are an authorized Sony dealer, but they are on the other side of the US so I really don't wanna have to ship my phone across country and then wait if I have an issue.
20th September 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Right, well I have the Sony magnetic charger, I sent it back to sony as I thought it was to blame, it was working then stopped.
However when it was returned to me, I went to use it, the charge started and then stopped, so I thought it was the magnetic dock again, took the phone off the magnetic dock and these was a hole where the docking pins should be . Turns out they were on the magnetic dock! come out completely, so put the charger point bar back in the phone, reconnected and yes it charged but again, when I came to undock, phones charger area left on the dock. So it happens with the OEM dock as well.
Looks like a fight with Vodafone to get the phone repaired.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread