Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sixaxis controller is here!

Tip us?

SaschaHa
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by morq View Post
Same problem as for everyone else - controller works only few seconds after booting up the phone. Surprisingly controller works when plugged to the phone via usb port, but that's a dealbreaker (cant use mhl cable + charger).

The tasker solution did not work.

Sixaxis controller dev doesnt respond to my emails.

Bummer :s
In latest DN3 rom v5.2 (based on Samsung Stock 4.4.2) for Galaxy Note 2 Sixaxis controller is working fine (with other kernels too). So it seems to be rom related and not by kernel. Maybe you could contact the E-Team (responsible for DN3 rom) to aks for changes in latest rom version. In v5+ (latest before the final v5.2) Sixaxis was not working. Maybe they remember the changes of their latest rom or exactly know, what to do. Hope so!
Good luck
You need an easy calculator? Please try Easy4Me! Just wanna help you and make you happy!

Lelouch Lamperouge
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaHa View Post
Just tried that and it works!! Thanks
Hi, I don't know if you guys already tried this but this is what I did. First downloaded and installed the sixaxis compatibility checker and redownloaded the sixaxis controller app. I ran sixaxis compatibility checker and started the driver then I forgot to stop it and went on directly in opening sixaxis controller app and started it. Changed the IME and boom! - it connects to my ps3 controller. BTW, I just flashed phoenix rom 9.4 10 minutes before I downloaded the apps. My phone is a galaxy s4 I9505 and running on an s5 rom. Try this method and don't forget thanks if it worked on your phone. Good day!

lars.hu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there,

I'm having issues with the app I can't resolve.

Hardware and software used:
  • Nexus 7 2013 (flo), 4.4.4 Stock, rooted
  • Aftermarket sixaxis controller, reports itself as "Gasia Co.,Ltd PS(R) Gamepad" in Linux/Android, the package reads "KING Doubleshock III" (yeah, I know what you are going to say but please read on. :P)

I set the bluetooth master address with sixpair under Linux and It worked fine. The controller paired without problems not only once or twice.

Playing Modern Combat 5 online multiplayer the controller felt to laggy (I blame that on my 2.4GHz wifi) so I also got an OTG-Cable and played this game using Sixaxis Enabler. Meanwhile I also tried to get it to work on my PC (Current Ubuntu 14.04 Kernel is broken but mainline works) but did not pursue it to the end.

Now i wanted to use the wireless connection again and it won't pair anymore. OTG wired connection still works. I set the Bluetooth master don't know how many times using sixpair and the app itself via OTG. There is a small hole under the controller with a button underneath. I also tried that assuming it's reset. Anyway that button doesn't make the controller forget its master (sixpair repeats the current setting)

Any hints for me what I could try? I'm willing to provide any logs or other information if you'll give me a hand collecting it (root terminal available).

TIA!

SaschaHa
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars.hu View Post
[...]
Try deleting app data or reinstall sixaxis controller. Maybe that will work 4u. A few years ago I had same issues, reinstalling the app was a solution for me. Maybe you have to set master adress via OTG and sixaxis app (after reinstalling)
You need an easy calculator? Please try Easy4Me! Just wanna help you and make you happy!

lars.hu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default mpuziw angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaHa View Post
Try deleting app data or reinstall sixaxis controller. Maybe that will work 4u. A few years ago I had same issues, reinstalling the app was a solution for me. Maybe you have to set master adress via OTG and sixaxis app (after reinstalling)
Thank you for your answer. I already tried that but it still does not work. I also confirmed that the bluetooth address stayed the same as I read somewhere that it changed to someone after reinstall.

Compatibility Checker doesn't work either. And I forgot to mention that I don't own a PS3 to check if the controller works there.

kolpa06
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for the tip. It works on my Nexus 5, however, it doesn't work on Fire tv.
One reason I found is that the am executable (activity manager) in 4.4.4 supports "stopservice" whereas 4.2.2 doesn't.
That means, I cannot stop sixaxis service properly. Any solutions you can offer?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtjay79 View Post
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but, I figured if I could help give back to the community one bit, I'd feel better about myself! I was trying to get the Sixaxis controller working through tasker automatically and found little bits and pieces, but no real "how to" thread. Rather than starting something up new, I figured I'd post my findings here.

Using Tasker:

1.) Run Shell Method:

Action Category "Script" >> "Run Shell"

a.) In "command" section type: "am startservice com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller/.SixaxisService" (without the quotes, and yes there is a '.' after the '/')
b.) check "Use Root"

To stop the service, same thing except instead of startservice, use "stopservice"

2.) Send Intent Method:

Action Category "Misc" >> "Send Intent"

a.) Action: "android.intent.action.VIEW"
b.) Cat: "Default"
c.) Package: "com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller"
d.) Class: "com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller.Sixaxis Service" (no space here between Sixaxis and Service, don't know why it insists on putting a space in the post)
e.) Target: "Service"

Personally, I use option 2 (intent) to start the service and option 1 (shell) to stop it.

Hopefully this helps out someone...the developer wouldn't respond to me, and I couldn't find any actual information except people saying this was doable.

Cheers!
SGH T-989 ==> SGH T-999 ==> SGH T-1099 (just kidding, it is Nexus 5)

motzul39
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do anyone know how to connect sixaxis to Oneplus One on CyanogeMod 11. I have OTG cable. When I press start in sixaxis controller app appears: "could not start driver".

navyninja636
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Verizon Galaxy S5 towelroot modified stock rom with Xposed mainly,
installed the six axis compatibility and says compatible and gives proper indications.
so i borrowed my buddy's PS3 controller set up my Bluetooth number and connected,
took a few attempts but finally got it playing games, set up the buttons and played for a bit

now when i try to connect the controller again the darn thing is stuck at "listening for controllers"
ive tried the reboot and seems to be hit or miss if im successful
any advice would be appreciated.

thank you to the Dev for this app its great just wish i could figure out this issue.

SaschaHa
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyninja636 View Post
[...]
Check your Bluetooth adress and (maybe) try to connect it via OTG to set this adress to the controller

plopingo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars.hu View Post
Hi there,

I'm having issues with the app I can't resolve.

Hardware and software used:
  • Nexus 7 2013 (flo), 4.4.4 Stock, rooted
  • Aftermarket sixaxis controller, reports itself as "Gasia Co.,Ltd PS(R) Gamepad" in Linux/Android, the package reads "KING Doubleshock III" (yeah, I know what you are going to say but please read on. :P)

I set the bluetooth master address with sixpair under Linux and It worked fine. The controller paired without problems not only once or twice.

Playing Modern Combat 5 online multiplayer the controller felt to laggy (I blame that on my 2.4GHz wifi) so I also got an OTG-Cable and played this game using Sixaxis Enabler. Meanwhile I also tried to get it to work on my PC (Current Ubuntu 14.04 Kernel is broken but mainline works) but did not pursue it to the end.

Now i wanted to use the wireless connection again and it won't pair anymore. OTG wired connection still works. I set the Bluetooth master don't know how many times using sixpair and the app itself via OTG. There is a small hole under the controller with a button underneath. I also tried that assuming it's reset. Anyway that button doesn't make the controller forget its master (sixpair repeats the current setting)

Any hints for me what I could try? I'm willing to provide any logs or other information if you'll give me a hand collecting it (root terminal available).

TIA!
I have exactly the same issue, can't found any solution at the time