Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Senior member help Usb tethering and wifi hotspot not working in AT&T htc one x+

OP Pranav4

9th March 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hello guys,

Few days back i have updated my HOX+ with 4.2.2 and sense 5.everything is working fine but my USB TETHERING,Bluetooth tethering and wifi hotspot is not working.i have purchased HOX+ from ebay and i am using it in India.I have read in several thread in XDA that i have to edit telephone.db file.i have tried to find out that file in my phone but i have not got that.Then afterward i came to know that for getting that file in my phone,my phone need to be rooted.then i have installed ROOT CHECKER from play store and it is showing that "this device does not have proper root access".what to do next please explain step by step i am NOOB.My sotware version is 2.15.502.1
Last edited by Pranav4; 28th March 2014 at 10:15 PM.
25th March 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav4

Hello guys,

Few days back i have updated my HOX+ with 4.2.2 and sense 5.everything is working fine but my USB TETHERING,Bluetooth tethering and wifi hotspot is not working.i have purchased HOX+ from ebay and i am using it in India.I have read in several thread in XDA that i have to edit telephone.db file.i have tried to find out that file in my phone but i have not got that.Then afterward i came to know that for getting that file in my phone,my phone need to be rooted.then i have installed ROOT CHECKER from play store and it is showing that "this device does not have proper root access".what to do next please explain step by step i am NOOB.My sotware version is 2.15.502.1

Same problem as above...How to rectify it?
12th April 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
Najmus's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
By the way if you want to root your mobile you have to unlock your bootloader and flash a recovery

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th April 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

By the way if you want to root your mobile you have to unlock your bootloader and flash a recovery

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank for reply I have already rooted that.Now what's the next step? USB TETHERING,Bluetooth tethering and wifi hotspot is still not working
Last edited by Pranav4; 14th April 2014 at 03:58 PM.
14th April 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Najmus's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Having the same problem here still lol

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Having the same problem here still lol

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do reply as sooon as you got that
16th April 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #7  
Najmus's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav4

Do reply as sooon as you got that

Yap, same to you

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #8  
Najmus's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Lightbulb Got the solution gyz..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Yap, same to you

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Finally i got a temporary alternative solution to WiFi hotspot ,here we go

1. Download Foxfi apk from playstore

2. Download PdaNet.exe for pc from here http://pdanet.co/a/ and install it to your pc

3. Now open Foxfi.apk on your android tick on Activate USB mode that's it

You will be connected to the internet through your android


If this has been helpfull to you please hit thanks except saying thanks

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Yap, same to you

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Having the same problem here still lol

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52112242
25th April 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Finally i got a temporary alternative solution to WiFi hotspot ,here we go

1. Download Foxfi apk from playstore

2. Download PdaNet.exe for pc from here http://pdanet.co/a/ and install it to your pc

3. Now open Foxfi.apk on your android tick on Activate USB mode that's it

You will be connected to the internet through your android


If this has been helpfull to you please hit thanks except saying thanks

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------






HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52112242

Thanks for your reply but i have already got that. Using USB and WiFi tethering by any App(foxifi or wifi teether) will compromise your internet speed. SO best method is to edit telephone.db file,after editing it you dont need any app for tethering. I have also done that but no success since we are using phone in india. Now i need telephone.db file of that phone which is not on AT&T base and running in india

No one is helping us
20th September 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav4

Thanks for your reply but i have already got that. Using USB and WiFi tethering by any App(foxifi or wifi teether) will compromise your internet speed. SO best method is to edit telephone.db file,after editing it you dont need any app for tethering. I have also done that but no success since we are using phone in india. Now i need telephone.db file of that phone which is not on AT&T base and running in india

No one is helping us

NOBODY KNOWS!! Despite all the updates, I find the USB connection Internet Pass Through is flakey and always has been for me. Have Win7 and Win 8, and pass through drives me crazy on both machines. Sometimes I have success, sometimes not, so if you do get it working, you don't dare change anything. HTC Sync is another pile of crappe despite updates in that software. Last HTC I will ever buy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes