Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from sbreen94: Hyperdrive RLS3.1 with Call Record, custom tweaks and fixes has been released!!

★[ROM][MAY 9][NB4][AROMA] Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1 ║║ Hyperdrive Tweaks - OTA - HUB - Files & Much More!║ GS5 UI ║★

Tip us?

mlock420
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedCELLS View Post
Thanks for the idea. I would have used it if I didn't figure out a way to do it natively. I was playing around with some settings, and turned LTE off and WiFi tether works natively with the LTE turned off. In "Connections", under "More networks", "Mobile networks", and "network mode", I put it in WCDMA/GSM mode, and for some reason the WiFi tethering works now. I've only had this phone 2 days, but I'm surprised that there isn't a toggle to turn off LTE when you don't use it. Usually the H+ 4G is fine for me which I get when I turn off LTE. If I remember correctly, LTE antennas use a lot more battery than GSM/WCDMA antennas. Would be useful to easily be able to turn off LTE when you don't need it.
Yeah the app I used had lte patch im guessing thst allows you to use lte while tethering. .. glad you found a solution

kooltrini1
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Just got a note 3. Great phone! Best I've ever had. Been rooting for years. So far love this Rom, but one feature that I must have isn't working. The wifi tethering. My computer connects but no Internet access. I read the first few posts and didn't see any tips to get it to work. I'm on LTE with full signal. I went into APN, clicked on T-Mobile tethering until it switched back to the regular APN and tried again. Still no dice. Any ideas?
Just change your apn settings..there are many post in this thread telling you how it should be changed..Wifi tethering works fine for me...I dont use wifi router.
Retired - 2nd Greatest phone ever - HTC HD2
Retired - White Tmobile S3 - 32GB
[Retired -- White Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB + 64GB Micro
New Phone - Black Note3 32GB + 64GB micro SD

kmb_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Just got a note 3. Great phone! Best I've ever had. Been rooting for years. So far love this Rom, but one feature that I must have isn't working. The wifi tethering. My computer connects but no Internet access. I read the first few posts and didn't see any tips to get it to work. I'm on LTE with full signal. I went into APN, clicked on T-Mobile tethering until it switched back to the regular APN and tried again. Still no dice. Any ideas?
I have this problem too, to solve it just go to your data settings and switch the network mode to just WCDMA/GSM, im guessing LTE doesnt support hotspot yet or just with this rom

Tunasty
Old
Thanks Meter 1,659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb_jr View Post
I have this problem too, to solve it just go to your data settings and switch the network mode to just WCDMA/GSM, im guessing LTE doesnt support hotspot yet or just with this rom
It is supported, working fine for me but I'm not on this Rom

-Tunasty

mr pnut
Old
Thanks Meter 381

DONATE TO ME
So is anyone using this on nf9?