Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FoxFi Lockscreen Fix!

Tip us?

imnitguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Followed you until you got to the last step...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housing184 View Post
I have found a way to bypass that annoying FoxFi lockscreen on my Verizon I545 GS4! If you have FoxFi "Already" installed follow these steps:

(1) Press Home button-->Settings-->More-->Security--> Trusted Credentials--> User--> FoxFi--> Scroll down and select Remove-->Home Button.

(2) Re-Start FoxFi App--> Install certificate "BUT" on "Credential Use" select "WiFi"--> Ok-->Ok again-->Enter PIN #--> Turn on Mobile Hot Spot and leave on-->Home Button--> Shut screen off w/pwr button-->Home Button-->Enter PIN #-->Menu--> Settings-->My Device-->Lock Screen--> Enter PIN # for the "LAST TIME"-->Then hit Swipe (no security) and Boom...You're Done!

(3) Now you can turn FoxFi On or Off and don't have to worry about that annoying lock screen...Enjoy!

PS...If that annoying "Warning Triangle" happens to show up (it may not show anymore) just-->Swipe down on the notification panel and press clear if you don't want to see it while FoxFi is on!
All this went swimmingly for me except when I got to the last step.. under screen lock on my Verizon Galaxy S5 on 4.4.2, under screen lock everything is grayed out "by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage." Pin and Password are choices.. Already have a 1111 pin..

Anybody else concerned about the warning about VPN and third party traffic monitoring, etc? I mean I get it, I do IT for a living so I know what this *means* - Anybody else concerned about that part? I guess I'm not because I have a glass of Kool Aid too - just wondering...

Jeremy Kirsch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you