Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MOSH][TWRP][KITKAT 4.4.4][SM][AMAMI] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Tip us?

Heroxis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshmoun View Post
Thanks for the files
I checked the logcat, and it does seem that the workaround isn't starting up at boot on your device.
Do you have anything that can modify startup behaviour (Some Xposed module for example)?

Anyway, expect a new build soon, with active display
hopefully your camera issue will be resolved too
I'm basically just using your build, no additions. Hope it fixes it, too Thanks for your work.

oshmoun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
NEW BUILD!

18.09 was just uploaded. I built it yesterday but didn't have the time to upload till now.
The most important thing to test is the camera workaround.
It's working for me, and so far, only one user (Heroxis) reported it not working. More feedback from other users would be great!
The Following User Says Thank You to oshmoun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BokeB
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Will try it when i'm home. On 17.09. Build it doesn't worked for me also. Just lags as it lags before

Does Floating window work for you as it should? When i open from slim recent panel it works flawlessly. When i open an app from heads up or from status bar, it just goes back to launcher and overlays it there. When i go back i'm straight at launcher and not on the app i was before.
The Following User Says Thank You to BokeB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Heroxis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
No change for me with 18 build.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heroxis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oshmoun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BokeB View Post
On 17.09. Build it doesn't worked for me also. Just lags as it lags before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroxis View Post
No change for me with 18 build.

I'll make a video of it working on my device when I get home, just to make sure you see it in action at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BokeB View Post

Does Floating window work for you as it should? When i open from slim recent panel it works flawlessly. When i open an app from heads up or from status bar, it just goes back to launcher and overlays it there. When i go back i'm straight at launcher and not on the app i was before.
I tried launching apps from the statusbar and it behaves normally for me. I'll include this in the video as well

notwigga
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Could a full wipe fix the camera workaround for those where it doesnt work?

Im still on 15.09 but gonna update later and then i'll be sure to tell you if it works or not for me
The Following User Says Thank You to notwigga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

space_eyes
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Didn't want to say anything . But first launch on cam gives the 3 sec freeze on first launch after a boot, I believe that I did do a wipe starting from 17 build. No change on 18. But I tend to manage to break things. I think the only thing that bugs out is the xda app crashes... Prolly not the ROM :P

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to space_eyes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oshmoun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
Honey, I'm home

as promised, here is the video concerning the camera workaround. as you can see in the video, it's working as expected on my device. The first startup of the camera after boot resulted in NO FREEZING. I had to take the video with an external camera to show that it works directly after booting, so sorry about the quality
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoU...RGc/edit?pli=1

And the other video, taken with the built in screen recorder, shows that floating windows don't misbehave when opened from the status bar. I tried floating mode in both portrait and landscape screen (the cut out when starting angry birds is because I have locked rotation on my device, but the important stuff can still be seen )
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoU...c3c/edit?pli=1
The Following User Says Thank You to oshmoun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Heroxis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I might try full wipe tonight. I'll update once i got some news

Tags
4.4, aio, pac