Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Upgrading Ace to KitKat 4.4.4 |2014.09.06|

Tip us?

moupgolden
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default COMPLAINT

download link for the rom not found , could you plz update it or send it to on my email moupgolden@gmail.com. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to moupgolden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajaskoya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by emokid117 View Post
I can't seem to install the new CM-11 RC 9 and the nightlies...it gives me "Installation aborted status 0" or something similar to that...so yaa...
Me too downloaded in Pc and also by OTA update but cannot update by both methods

Katsunia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Black screen

I succesfully install CR9 but start setup menu crashed and nothing happens,just black screen.Help me pls

Mm7
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunia View Post
I succesfully install CR9 but start setup menu crashed and nothing happens,just black screen.Help me pls
Can you explain the steps to peproduce this issue? Can you provide a logcat?

PedroMarthon
Old
(Last edited by PedroMarthon; 15th September 2014 at 11:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Philz Touch

Here is a newer version for philz touch recovery:

CWM 6.0.4.8 Advanced Edition
PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.40.1

Steve Geemaggio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Missing Keyboard

Hello,
I'm new to the XDA forums and I eventually decided to join so I can ask this question and I love the work you guys do..

I am currently running the latest nightly of CyanogenMod 11 on my Samsung Galaxy GT-S5830.

The nightly is cm-11-20140913-NIGHTLY-cooper.zip found at:
http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/cooper/

Everything has been running very well on the phone except one major issue. The keyboard will not display. According to the settings it should but it just refuses. The last time the keyboard displayed was cm-11-20140628-NIGHTLY-cooper.zip which I got from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659269

I've used cmupdater ever since I manually installed cm-11-20140628-NIGHTLY-cooper.zip without trouble (once I keep ClockworkMod up to date) but for whatever reason the keyboard now will not show face. I've also tried wiping cache, dalvik cache and factory resets and still no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Steve

zameer hassan
Old
(Last edited by zameer hassan; Yesterday at 07:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default kitkat 4.4.4 galaxy ace gt s5830

hey.....buddy....that versions is not stable for galaxy ace s5830......their is a list of rom given in stable section for galaxy s5830......current update is ........cm-11.0.0-rc10-gt-s5830(http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/cooper/stable/)......
.....i have used all custom rom version for galaxy ace and at last found stock rom 2.3.6 gingerbread is the best..........
---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

[/COLOR]i hav used latest kitkat4.4.4 cm-11.0.0-rc9-gt-s5830 and found these bugs.....

MAJOR BUGS

1> SCREEN GOES BLACK SOMETIMES DOING CALL TO ANY NUMBERS....then after clicking home button sometimes sceern doesnot come but when screen comes back then after going to ongoing call option and clicking it again screen goes black...

2> HANGS REGULARLY FOR 15SEC TO 30SEC THEN BACK TO NORMAL WORKING CONDITION...status bar goes off and then again comes back in this process.

3> SOMTIMES WHILE PRESSING POWER BUTTON FOR UNLOCKING SCREEN....IT DOESNT COME...THEN AFTER LEAVING IT FOR 1MIN , 2MIN OR 3MIN LIKE THAT AND THEN PRESSING POWER BUTTON IT WORKS..

4> WHILE SEARCHING FOR OWN DEVICE LOCATION IN GOOGLE MAPS.....IT SAYS WATING FOR LOCATION...THEN,IT SAYS..YOUR CURRENT LOCATION IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.....i tried everythng 4 fix but nothing work.

5> DURING INCOMING CALL IT TAKES APPROX 5-8SEC TIME TO POP UP THE DIALER APP FOR RECEVING CALLS...

6>LOW CALL VOLUME MAKE IT HARD TO HEAR 2nd PERSONS VOICE IN NOISY LOCATION..

MINOR BUGS....

1> AUTOMATIC REBOOT SOMETIMES

2> RADIO APPS NOT WORKING

3> IN MESSAGING APPS SOME OF EMOTICONS CANNOT BE SEEN...THAT AREA IS ONLY BLACK.
4> MOSTLY WHILE CLICKING "TURN OFF" USB STORAGE OPTION THE CIRCLE KEEPS ON SCROLLING FOR TURNING OFF STORAGHE MODE..EVEN AFTER DISCONECTING FORM THE SYSTEM FIRST...

5> keyboard pop up after 3-5 sec when performing any find or start tpying text...

tranphu
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Geemaggio View Post
Hello,
I'm new to the XDA forums and I eventually decided to join so I can ask this question and I love the work you guys do..

I am currently running the latest nightly of CyanogenMod 11 on my Samsung Galaxy GT-S5830.

The nightly is cm-11-20140913-NIGHTLY-cooper.zip found at:
http://download.androidarmv6.org/_builds/cooper/

Everything has been running very well on the phone except one major issue. The keyboard will not display. According to the settings it should but it just refuses. The last time the keyboard displayed was cm-11-20140628-NIGHTLY-cooper.zip which I got from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659269

I've used cmupdater ever since I manually installed cm-11-20140628-NIGHTLY-cooper.zip without trouble (once I keep ClockworkMod up to date) but for whatever reason the keyboard now will not show face. I've also tried wiping cache, dalvik cache and factory resets and still no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Steve
Try RC10 here.

zameer hassan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default kitkat 4.4.4 galaxy ace gt s5830

can anyone tell.......bugs that were present in cm-11.0.0-RC9-GT-S5830-cooper..........has been removed in cm-11.0.0-RC10-GT-S5830-cooper or not........????

Notoib
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery 85%

Hi Ive installed kitkat 4.4.4 and my battery charged only to 85%.. ;/ anybody know how to fix it?

Tags
4.4.3, cooper, gt-s5830, kitkat