Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,642 Members 44,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] SIM UnLOCK FREE METHOD FoR NEWBS

Tip us?

jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 12th August 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorddd View Post
I tought it was a one click procedure.. I sont know what adb is. I know is a command thingy.. I used terminal once.. I really dont understand command stuff. If i use terminal i have to compyall the 4 commands lines. And paste them on terminal.. One by one or all at the same time... I have to use those lines..
To restore it has an example.. Do i have to do the same for each comand line.. If its the same lines that would back up and restore. They should have the restore commands complete. Its pita to do on cell..
You can do it from a command prompt on your pc. You don't have to do it from a terminal on your phone. With you phone booted up and connected to your pc's usb. Just issue the command:

adb shell

Then follow the rest of the commands, one line at a time with a return after each command.

You'll need adb on your pc. Google 15 second adb install xda.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,315

DONATE TO ME
twrp does do a efs backup, but i never needed to do a efs restore so not quite sure what it contains

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum

raptorddd
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom View Post
twrp does do a efs backup, but i never needed to do a efs restore so not quite sure what it contains
Ill try that on twrp
DIRTY UNICORNS 7.6 4.4.4 CM NIGHTLY 8/17/2014
RADIO UCM1
KERNEL MORETZ INTEGRATED INTO ROM
CWM TOUCH 6.0.4.3

ocd_amp
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The beginning of your post is way too funny. Thanks for taking your time to make it easier for people.
I used the OTHER Original thread and although it wasn't as informative, it was very easy to do.
I did mine in the first go, but I did not dump the original EFS. No big deal.
I also turned SHA256 back to ON before you Flash another ROM and Modem. Not sure if it was needed but I did it anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0thing722 View Post
Hey, maybe it's dumb question , maybe it's not , but can i use this way to unlock any other phone? Or it's just for skyrocket?
Thanks
You need the Proper stock rooted ROM and Radio for THAT OTHER phone, however the procedure itself is not much different.
The Following User Says Thank You to ocd_amp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goldami1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks it helped a lot

err1max1
Old
(Last edited by err1max1; 14th September 2014 at 09:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I'm trying to download the Ucld2 rom and modem but I keep getting an error from dev-host site.
Any chance for a different site where I can download it?

Itermittent dev-host problem .. is now back and working fine. Link is fine

mcernuto
Old
(Last edited by mcernuto; 14th September 2014 at 10:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Default data?

I followed the steps and got the phone unlocked but there is no data connection now.. also if it matters i am using this i727 on t-mobile. calls and texts work but no data/... please someone help

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernuto View Post
I followed the steps and got the phone unlocked but there is no data connection now.. also if it matters i am using this i727 on t-mobile. calls and texts work but no data/... please someone help
read q.24 from here READ THIS B4 POSTING | THE MOST Common Questions Answered HERE

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum

tornadolf
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks! After spending almost a week trying to get my unlock code from AT&T I unlocked my phone in about 20 minutes. The only issue I encountered, was that unlocked phone would not reboot - rebooting resulted in the phone just sitting there forever with the black screen. Reflashing ROM fixed that.

Tags
free, i727, i727r, sim unlock, skyrocket