Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**NEW**[THEME] BlakKat CM11 New Theme Chooser Theme "Into the DARKNESS"

Tip us?

samep
Old
(Last edited by samep; 16th September 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96 View Post
If that happens it's either one or both things.

1. You have Xposed installed on AOSP...huge no no

2. Your gapps are using Google apps on system...like Google camera, Google keyboard..etc...they conflict with the theme chooser while on system. PA gapps are the culprit.

TeamBlackOut apps are setup to be system, PA gapps are not. That's why they work on system and PA's flag as bad when you go to install CM11 themes.

It's been reported a ton and they do nothing, CM guys can't fix that do we are forced to tell users to switch gapps.

Hope that helps

DJ
1. No Xposed framework here.

2. My Gapps aren't PA but CM 4.4.3 gapps with the pushed Google Play 4.9.13 and Google Services 5.0.8.9 moved to system as well as the Google L development keyboard: uk.co.shenye.android.inputmethod
latin.apk Your theme does place an overlay on it. There is no CM AOSP keyboard; removed from system partition due to over allocated space when combining CM and gapps. Limited partition sizes are the reasons CM and gapps were debloated and are at system and Link2SD is in play to link data apps to second partition on sdcard. Over allocating data partition means no cache and the phone will run out of ram quicker and freeze the UI unless Link2SD is utilized to link most applications to sdcard. I haven't come across conversation as such but I can link CM 11 themes to sdcard second partition with no issues. Installing or updating is the only issue I have but yet I can still install new themes as well as update existing themes even if linked to sdcard and Link2SD is frozen; reboots and CM nightly updates are not even an issue if I have a theme selected that's linked to sdcard. YMMV. I only have to freeze Link2SD to install a CM 11 theme; otherwise, Link2SD is not frozen. With CM11, LINK2SD tends to lose links to dex files but manually re-linking them via the Link2SD left tab pullout will correct any issues after an update or reboot. Also with Link2SD, I've found it best to remove links for applications that have lib folders linked before updating in Google Play; otherwise, the update won't work and I'll have to clean the mess it makes in the data partition, manually with a root browser.

As far as PA gapps are concerned, to further troubleshoot the issue, I put together a mostly PA gapps, flashed it and got the same results. Last I checked, CM didn't put an Android 4.4.4 gapps out there for us to grab. IIRC, I also had the same results with Google play and services pushed to data partition.

I posted this not as a complaint but a solution to anyone else making the same compromises for limited partition sizes might have stumbled on trying to install CM11 themes. Furthermore, it's not just your theme; with my setup, it's all CM 11 themes. But limited to themes only. If this is not the norm, it may also be my device: epicmtd.

I can't recall if the original files I moved to system partition had lib files but I do remember that had to move the Keyboard lib files to system/lib.

And finally, I detailed my reply because from what I read in your reply and other Google searches, none seemed to apply to what I was seeing. Some on-topic and some off-topic; maybe this helps others installing CM themes. Not sure why freezing Link2SD is necessary but it works and I never linked themes to sdcard until I had this problem resolved. Did I miss something in your reply?
The Following User Says Thank You to samep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djdarkknight96
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samep View Post
1. No Xposed framework here.

2. My Gapps aren't PA but CM 4.4.3 gapps with the pushed Google Play 4.9.13 and Google Services 5.0.8.9 moved to system as well as the Google L development keyboard: uk.co.shenye.android.inputmethod
latin.apk Your theme does place an overlay on it. There is no CM AOSP keyboard; removed from system partition due to over allocated space when combining CM and gapps. Limited partition sizes are the reasons CM and gapps were debloated and are at system and Link2SD is in play to link data apps to second partition on sdcard. Over allocating data partition means no cache and the phone will run out of ram quicker and freeze the UI unless Link2SD is utilized to link most applications to sdcard. I haven't come across conversation as such but I can link CM 11 themes to sdcard second partition with no issues. Installing or updating is the only issue I have but yet I can still install new themes as well as update existing themes even if linked to sdcard and Link2SD is frozen; reboots and CM nightly updates are not even an issue if I have a theme selected that's linked to sdcard. YMMV. I only have to freeze Link2SD to install a CM 11 theme; otherwise, Link2SD is not frozen. With CM11, LINK2SD tends to lose links to dex files but manually re-linking them via the Link2SD left tab pullout will correct any issues after an update or reboot. Also with Link2SD, I've found it best to remove links for applications that have lib folders linked before updating in Google Play; otherwise, the update won't work and I'll have to clean the mess it makes in the data partition, manually with a root browser.

As far as PA gapps are concerned, to further troubleshoot the issue, I put together a mostly PA gapps, flashed it and got the same results. Last I checked, CM didn't put an Android 4.4.4 gapps out there for us to grab. IIRC, I also had the same results with Google play and services pushed to data partition.

I posted this not as a complaint but a solution to anyone else making the same compromises for limited partition sizes might have stumbled on trying to install CM11 themes. Furthermore, it's not just your theme; with my setup, it's all CM 11 themes. But limited to themes only. If this is not the norm, it may also be my device: epicmtd.

I can't recall if the original files I moved to system partition had lib files but I do remember that had to move the Keyboard lib files to system/lib.

And finally, I detailed my reply because from what I read in your reply and other Google searches, none seemed to apply to what I was seeing. Some on-topic and some off-topic; maybe this helps others installing CM themes. Not sure why freezing Link2SD is necessary but it works and I never linked themes to sdcard until I had this problem resolved. Did I miss something in your reply?
Wow......I couldn't have understood otherwise. That's a lot of work. But with an OG devices I see why. So it's not even close to the issues we are having.

I did find out I can add both of each set of Google apps too my there abs that error will go away...Well not yours. I noticed its 401 not 400 that's why it's different. But anyways that's good info thanks!

DJ
NEXUS 5 Hammerhead:
ROM: CM11 With BlakKat goodness
NEXUS 7 Flo:
ROM: CM11 With KlearKat goodness
More from me:
Get some Black and Clear apps here: TeamBlackOutApps Updater

The best way to get a log

The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flashback7
Old
Thanks Meter 1,336
Used all your full black themes on all my devices since the Nexus s. Love em all, love Blakkat full the most. Tks DJ!!
Sprint-Moto X/Stock rooted 4.4.4/TWRP 2.7.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to flashback7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liodu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi .I download full clearkat an google+ isn't are clear on carbon rom s3mini .
the rest is great

djdarkknight96
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by liodu View Post
Hi .I download full clearkat an google+ isn't are clear on carbon rom s3mini .
the rest is great
Perfectly clear on CM11 using galaxy s2, nexus 5, both nexus 7 tabs. There's not much I can do about other roms having issues since its fine on the supported Rom. DU has the exact same issue. I have all Google Plus resources added so I'm covered.
NEXUS 5 Hammerhead:
NEXUS 7 Flo:
More from me:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chopt51
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Softkeys is not able to change the glow. What folder are the stock images in. Can I change it to stock with a file manager?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note ll

djdarkknight96
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 14,557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopt51 View Post
Softkeys is not able to change the glow. What folder are the stock images in. Can I change it to stock with a file manager?

In the theme apk everything is in assets folder.

They are about to activate part 2 of the theme chooser...you'll not have to worry after I update to it.
NEXUS 5 Hammerhead:
NEXUS 7 Flo:
More from me:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djmigues
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:

They are about to activate part 2 of the theme chooser...you'll not have to worry after I update to it.
Finally! Super excited for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to djmigues For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dragan012
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for this great theme, one of my favourite ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragan012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chopt51
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:

I tried to track down more info about part 2, but failed. Blaming the SKYY. But I'm sure if cm updates their theme engine we will hear about it here quickly.
This is the only theme I use, just can't love the glow effect on the nav bar.

Tags
cm11;themes:blakkat;djdarkknight96;theme chooser