Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

ADB and Sideloading 18.11

OP GiGoVX

26th June 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
I'm really struggling here, I followed all the steps but still can't get adb to work.

I have tried the modified drivers but no luck either, I know adb is working just fine as it shows up my S4 when I plug it in (using same port and cable)

What am I doing wrong?

Help before I start smashing my Glass!
26th June 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

40 posts
Can you be more specific? What exactly isn't working? What OS are you running? Have you enabled debugging in your Glass settings?
26th June 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtxdriggers

Can you be more specific? What exactly isn't working? What OS are you running? Have you enabled debugging in your Glass settings?

Sorry yes,

I connect Glass to my Windows 7 machine via original cable, with USB debug enabled, I go to CMD type in ADB Devices and morning gets listed.

If I plug in my S4 using the same port and cable the S4 shows up under ADB.

I have tried using the standard drivers and the modified version but both give me the same result.
26th June 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtxdriggers

Yes sorry,

I plug in Glass using original cable with USB debug enabled. CMD to directory and type in Adb Device and nothing shows up. If I plug in my S4 and do the same or shows that up. I have tried the modified drivers and the original drivers but no luck.

Would it make a difference it being a UK Glass? Can't see there being a different firmware build for it?
27th June 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 20

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGoVX

Yes sorry,

I plug in Glass using original cable with USB debug enabled. CMD to directory and type in Adb Device and nothing shows up. If I plug in my S4 and do the same or shows that up. I have tried the modified drivers and the original drivers but no luck.

Would it make a difference it being a UK Glass? Can't see there being a different firmware build for it?

The only alternate builds I know of are the "try before you buy" models which only allow charging via USB. But the UK version shouldn't be any different from the US version to my knowledge. Perhaps try with an Ubuntu live CD or something, Windows is certainly not my area of expertise.
27th June 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
More
Got it working but only on the other halfs Win8 laptop, wonder how long it will be until she gets fed up with me borrowing it lol
28th June 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 41

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGoVX

Got it working but only on the other halfs Win8 laptop, wonder how long it will be until she gets fed up with me borrowing it lol

i had issues like this. i edited the winusb.inf driver.

instructions are here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-device-by-adb

hope this helps.
28th June 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuug

i had issues like this. i edited the winusb.inf driver.

instructions are here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-device-by-adb

hope this helps.

Cheers for the kink and info but still no luck
21st September 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #9  

12 posts
More
Just reporting my experience here. Recently got hands on the GLASS and for the longest time couldn't get the adb driver working.
Then finally followed the modified android_winusb.inf trick with the following:

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_9001&REV_0216&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_9001&MI_01

Problem was, the hardware IDs seen by my working computer is somehow wrong, plugged into a different laptop somehow brings up a different hardware ID, which shows up that extra MI_01 in both places (and works for both computer)

Cheers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread