Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PARTIAL REVIEW] Jiayu G4S 16GB ROM 2GB RAM

Tip us?

Aeonia
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Good times Ahead??

Don't know if you've heard but MediaTek just released their first complete source code for their Android One devices..and i mean fully complete(with kernel sources e.t.c..)

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...id-one-source/

Sure none of them run on the mtk6592 but its only a matter of time...maybe in the future we might be able to have a fully working Cyanogen,overclock(gamers...) underclock..custom kernels not to mention many more fully ported roms...e.t.c
On that note, there's already a repo? on the kernel source code for mtk6592..https://github.com/tpruvot/MT6592-KK-KERNEL

If there's ever been a better time to be an Mtk user..it's now

What are your thoughts on this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeonia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ouzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonia View Post
Good times Ahead??

Don't know if you've heard but MediaTek just released their first complete source code for their Android One devices..and i mean fully complete(with kernel sources e.t.c..)

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...id-one-source/

Sure none of them run on the mtk6592 but its only a matter of time...maybe in the future we might be able to have a fully working Cyanogen,overclock(gamers...) underclock..custom kernels not to mention many more fully ported roms...e.t.c
On that note, there's already a repo? on the kernel source code for mtk6592..https://github.com/tpruvot/MT6592-KK-KERNEL

If there's ever been a better time to be an Mtk user..it's now

What are your thoughts on this?
A custon kernel with sweep to wake would be nice - I miss that from my HTC. I hope MediaTek do release the source code for past devices/SoC, but I wonder if they will. From a business point of view it might make more sense to only release source code for new SoC so that people are motivated to upgrade. I hope that's not the case of course.

dgal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I see on needrom that there is available official ROM update from 09/12/2014. Has anyone already tried this? Can it be safely loaded or it is better to wait for another release? Got a new phone and want to update it to 4.4 version.

Thanks

Ouzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgal View Post
I see on needrom that there is available official ROM update from 09/12/2014. Has anyone already tried this? Can it be safely loaded or it is better to wait for another release? Got a new phone and want to update it to 4.4 version.

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. Personally I'm going to wait until there is more information about it. I'd like to see a thorough changelog too. Reading various comments on needROM it's clear there are different hardware revisions of the phone - as mine is an early one I'm wary of making a mistake. 4.2.2 is good enough for me for now.

stu1690
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am struggling to get viper4android to work on my g4s. I have tried all of the drivers and none have made any difference to the sound at all.

Can anyone give me a helping hand on how to set it up please?

I downloaded it from the play store version for 4.2.2.

Sent from my JY-G4 using Tapatalk 2

Ouzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu1690 View Post
I am struggling to get viper4android to work on my g4s. I have tried all of the drivers and none have made any difference to the sound at all.

Can anyone give me a helping hand on how to set it up please?

I downloaded it from the play store version for 4.2.2.

Sent from my JY-G4 using Tapatalk 2
This is from memory because I don't use it on this phone, but do you have Busybox installed and do you have superuser turned on in settings/security? I have a vague recollection that I had to clear data on my music app so or something like that to get it to kick in. I'm very vague on that now. A few people are using it here so hopefully someone will give you a more precise answer. Search XDA too, I'm sure other people will have the same problem but on other devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ouzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ouzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
There's a patch and a custom kernel available from TeamForce over on NeedROM for people who flashed KitKat version 3 and want to go back to an earlier version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ouzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeeHaa
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I own a G4S (2/16GB) with "TeamForce G4S AOSP 4.4.2 TF V2" ROM, and I like it a lot.

Now I am considering getting an additional G4SL (1/4GB), and I am wondering if it is possible to use the same Teamforce G4S ROM on that too? I know the stock roms come in a separate version for each, but I am not sure if the differences are just with the partition layout (Flashtool), or binaries as well (flash as ZIP from Recovery)?

Aeonia
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeHaa View Post
I own a G4S (2/16GB) with "TeamForce G4S AOSP 4.4.2 TF V2" ROM, and I like it a lot.

Now I am considering getting an additional G4SL (1/4GB), and I am wondering if it is possible to use the same Teamforce G4S ROM on that too? I know the stock roms come in a separate version for each, but I am not sure if the differences are just with the partition layout (Flashtool), or binaries as well (flash as ZIP from Recovery)?
A couple questions about the TeamForce 4.4.2..
Is it stable?
Is Titanium Backup working?
Gestures working?
Battery Life compared to StockJellybean?
I don't have an sd card will there be an issue with memory?..i read on needrom something about memory?
Any OTA updates?
Finally, is ART working?

Sent from my Jiayu G4S octacore

JeeHaa
Old
(Last edited by JeeHaa; Today at 12:27 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonia View Post
A couple questions about the TeamForce 4.4.2..
Is it stable?
Is Titanium Backup working?
Gestures working?
Battery Life compared to StockJellybean?
I don't have an sd card will there be an issue with memory?..i read on needrom something about memory?
Any OTA updates?
Finally, is ART working?
I have not used it for long yet, but my experience so far:
Stable: yes
TB working: yes
Battery life: excellent (main reason for a G4S, I can get 4-5d on 2G with light useage), can't compare to JB though
Battery indicator: behaves strangely. It will stay at an unrelalistically high value (e.g. 95/85%) for days. Maybe it still has to settle after the ROM updates...
No issues without external SD card
OTA: There is a separate OTA module (see Needrom), haven't tried it yet.