Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Firewater S-Off

Tip us?

maritimesbob
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hello,

Looking to give this a try.

I get as far as the cmd window popping up asking me to yes/no whether I wish to let Firewater do it's work or words to that effect. Problem it I cannot type in yes, in fact I cannot type in nothing. The cursor flashes underneath Yes/No and does nothing.

I am not used to using command prompt, am I doing something wrong?

The file was succesfully pushed, permission given, but then I can get no further than yes/no!
Bob

LG Nexus 4:: KitKat 4.4.2 stock factory rom, Xposed/Gravity Box
Samsung Tab 2 10.1:: CM10.1 official build rom
HTC One X +:: Insertcoin 4.1 Sense 5 rom (now retired from service!)

Danny201281
Old
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo01 View Post
Still no go. yes, the problem is outdated superuser. firewater succeeded but it still chugging til the 12th bottle and still no buzz.. :/
Ok keep Rom but try with compatible bulletproof kernel.

Sent from my HTC One M7 - ARHD 81.0 Using Tapatalk

ryanyz10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default 2.22.531.6

I'm on 2.22.531.6 on T-Mobile, and I keep getting "remember the golden rule, NEVER take an OTA?" and then "your device is patched by HTC". Do I have to downgrade, S-Off, and then update? Thanks in advance.

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanyz10 View Post
I'm on 2.22.531.6 on T-Mobile, and I keep getting "remember the golden rule, NEVER take an OTA?" and then "your device is patched by HTC". Do I have to downgrade, S-Off, and then update? Thanks in advance.
You can't downgrade without S-OFF afaik. You're stuck!

Just for future, never do OTA! Ever!!

Unless of course you played on staying stock forever and ever.
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One 32GB Vivid Blue with Firmware 6.09.401.5 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 and Stock kernel 
Nexus 4 16GB running Android L Preview Beta and Hellsgod kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ thread = HERE!! (read before posting questions!)

jcase
Old
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Thanks Meter 7,649

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanyz10 View Post

SunShine is a viable option if firewater doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post
You can't downgrade without S-OFF afaik. You're stuck!

Just for future, never do OTA! Ever!!

Unless of course you played on staying stock forever and ever.
I'm taking a break of an undetermined length. Please don't contact me about exploits

Something important? jcase@cunninglogic.com
Like Android security topics? Join our G+ community -> https://plus.google.com/communities/...07618051049043

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase View Post
SunShine is a viable option if firewater doesn't work
I know mate lol

Was just trying to put the fear of God into him Haha with regards to OTA flashing.

|My Trance Mixes|

PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One 32GB Vivid Blue with Firmware 6.09.401.5 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 and Stock kernel 

gelo01
Old
(Last edited by gelo01; Yesterday at 05:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny201281 View Post
Ok keep Rom but try with compatible bulletproof kernel.

Sent from my HTC One M7 - ARHD 81.0 Using Tapatalk
I'm gonna try one more time.. it seems that firewater hate my device. Haha! bulletproof 8.1 is compatible with 4.3 sense 5.5? But am i seeing the correct information about Kernel version in about phone? it says 3.4.10-gfa33c1e aaron@bella #81 SMP PREEMPT. is that correct? did i flash Bulletproof 8.1 correctly? I remembered when i flashed elementalX, it was indicated in the kernel version..

But a little OT: I noticed that Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 is REALLY battery efficient compared to Android 4.4.3 Sense 6. The thing is, i didn't even lose 1% of the battery overnight (7 hrs of sleep), makes me want to stay and stick with Android 4.3 but then again, there's so much i will be missing if without Sense 6. Hehe.

EDIT: Guess i have to live with S-On. The guru reset which took me back to Android 4.3/Sense 5.5 also doesn't allow me to gain S-Off even on stock kernel or bulletproof 8.1. I don't know what am i missing here, but thanks for all the assistance and help, @Danny201281.
The Following User Says Thank You to gelo01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YudmudTR
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
I'm gonna try one more time.. it seems that firewater hate my device. Haha! bulletproof 8.1 is compatible with 4.3 sense 5.5? But am i seeing the correct information about Kernel version in about phone? it says 3.4.10-gfa33c1e aaron@bella #81 SMP PREEMPT. is that correct? did i flash Bulletproof 8.1 correctly? I remembered when i flashed elementalX, it was indicated in the kernel version..

But a little OT: I noticed that Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 is REALLY battery efficient compared to Android 4.4.3 Sense 6. The thing is, i didn't even lose 1% of the battery overnight (7 hrs of sleep), makes me want to stay and stick with Android 4.3 but then again, there's so much i will be missing if without Sense 6. Hehe.

EDIT: Guess i have to live with S-On. The guru reset which took me back to Android 4.3/Sense 5.5 also doesn't allow me to gain S-Off even on stock kernel or bulletproof 8.1. I don't know what am i missing here, but thanks for all the assistance and help, @Danny201281.
Same here, tried tons on combinations, both Sense and AOSP roms, all of custom kernels. But I don't want to live with S-ON, will buy Sunshine soon ^^
HTC One 2013 / LG G Watch

gelo01
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by YudmudTR View Post
Same here, tried tons on combinations, both Sense and AOSP roms, all of custom kernels. But I don't want to live with S-ON, will buy Sunshine soon ^^
Just gonna wait for another exploits. I can't pay to have SunShine since i don't even have a credit card to use. :P
I really don't know why firewater isn't working for me. Anyone here that have a eMMC starting with 1501 share us what specific ROM did you use to gain s-off? Specifically dev editions. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Just gonna wait for another exploits. I can't pay to have SunShine since i don't even have a credit card to use. :P
I really don't know why firewater isn't working for me. Anyone here that have a eMMC starting with 1501 share us what specific ROM did you use to gain s-off? Specifically dev editions. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Why don't you ask someone with a card to but it for you?

I know people have used Viper (without any extra stuff) and ARHD.

Sent using Android L

|My Trance Mixes|

Code:

Tags
htc one, s-off