Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Samsung Note II N7100 International will not boot up

OP Bllyann

17th May 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #31  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

At which part does the flashing of recovery fail? Right at beginning or at the end???

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

It appears to work at the start, then when it reaches the end it turns red and the result 'Fail'

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyArea

Try another version of odin, 3.09 I heard is recommended. Plus a different cable. Ensure kies is off and disconnect from the Internet.

If you get to a last resort, try the nand erase all option in odin with pit and rom, (four options ticked).

I will be sure to try that, thanks
17th May 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #32  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

Ok. Flash that lets see how it goes.
If failed, try with pit file.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

it still fails, even with a PIT file

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyArea

Try another version of odin, 3.09 I heard is recommended. Plus a different cable. Ensure kies is off and disconnect from the Internet.

If you get to a last resort, try the nand erase all option in odin with pit and rom, (four options ticked).

unfortunately still doesn't work

17th May 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #33  
mezo91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 93
 
958 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bllyann

it still fails, even with a PIT file



unfortunately still doesn't work

Can you right click odin icon and run as administrator?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
17th May 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #34  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

Can you right click odin icon and run as administrator?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Yes I have. I've always started Odin as: Right Click > Run as Administrator.
17th May 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #35  
mezo91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 93
 
958 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bllyann

Yes I have. I've always started Odin as: Right Click > Run as Administrator.

That's the end of the line for me man. I really wanted to help you out.
Try another usb cable or another usb port in pc but I dont think that will do any difference. 😳

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
17th May 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #36  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

That's the end of the line for me man. I really wanted to help you out.
Try another usb cable or another usb port in pc but I dont think that will do any difference. 😳

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Aww. Yeah I tried another USB port too.
Well thank you once again. I really do appreciate yours and other's help

I guess all that is left to try, is to try it on another computer. I'll see how that goes.
Other than that, I'd probably end up waiting for the Note 4, and get that

Thanks!
19th May 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #37  
vladeco's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 94
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Samsung Note II N7100 International will not boot up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bllyann

Aww. Yeah I tried another USB port too.

Well thank you once again. I really do appreciate yours and other's help



I guess all that is left to try, is to try it on another computer. I'll see how that goes.

Other than that, I'd probably end up waiting for the Note 4, and get that



Thanks!




If you're still willing to do another round as a last resort, try following the steps I described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=22

I has the exact same issue as you (the only difference is that I had TWRP instead of stock recovery) and doing that was the only thing that worked for my phone.

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers!


Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #38  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladeco

If you're still willing to do another round as a last resort, try following the steps I described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=22

I has the exact same issue as you (the only difference is that I had TWRP instead of stock recovery) and doing that was the only thing that worked for my phone.

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers!


Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Hi Vladeco,

Thanks for the guide! Unfortunately it still didn't work though. Odin keeps failing within the first half second :/
I tried on a different computer too.

20th May 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #39  
hoaxdream's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 59
 
492 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
this also happen to my spare phone. galaxy s2. it just freeze and when i restart and it wont boot up. also same case as yours. when i try to factory reset it says the same thing and cant be formated. i tried all version of odin. flashing pitfile. still doesnt work. now my s2 is paper weight now. i wonder what cause this problem before i throw this phone lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
21st September 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Unhappy
So I tried running new release of Phantom Rom yesterday on my N7100 and ended up having the exact same issue.

I had 4.4.4 - CM11 before, is downgrading a cause by any chance? I did make sure to do a full wipe before installing.

Has any one had luck resolving this issue so far?

Also, anyone having similar issues with Phantom ROM v10? I am not able to post on that thread as it says for Developer only!

Any suggestions are very welcome.. dont wanna let my phone die

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes