Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 48,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KitKat][4.4.2][Unofficial]BeanStalk Build 4.4.285 NEW_FORMAT- 4.4.2 [Jewel]

Tip us?

cirehawk
Old
Thanks Meter 191
I have a question. What is the biggest factor in how widgets align on home screens? Is it DPI, grid size, or a combination of both? Here is why I ask. On Sense Rom's, the HTC widgets (and others) line up nice and symmetrical. For instance, if I have the standard HTC clock widget on the top portion of the screen and a row of app icons (or folders) along the bottom of the screen, adding for instance their agenda widget would fit proportionally between them. When I'm running an AOSP rom, the widgets don't seem to fit proportionally (or I haven't figured out how to do it).
Previous Devices: Samsung Instinct, HTC Hero, HTC EVO 4G
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Rom: CyanogenMod-11 UnityROM R6
Kernel: Stock Kernel
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1b

The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character...

ocarinaz64
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
I have a question. What is the biggest factor in how widgets align on home screens? Is it DPI, grid size, or a combination of both? Here is why I ask. On Sense Rom's, the HTC widgets (and others) line up nice and symmetrical. For instance, if I have the standard HTC clock widget on the top portion of the screen and a row of app icons (or folders) along the bottom of the screen, adding for instance their agenda widget would fit proportionally between them. When I'm running an AOSP rom, the widgets don't seem to fit proportionally (or I haven't figured out how to do it).
It ought to be a combination of the DPI and the launcher you use. I think that DPI is a bigger factor, if I'm not mistaken, but different launchers also have options for how your icons and widgets fit on the screen. If you want to try and fit more stuff on the same screen, try playing with your DPI and see what effect it has. Also, check your launcher options as far as its rules for stretching and tile arrangements. The other option is to try different launchers.

fizbanrapper
Old
Thanks Meter 79
http://d-h.st/dnF

Newest version has cm theme engine enabled and functioning for the first time.

This is my first successful build (other than a cm11 practice build). CM kernel and device tree. If something's broken, feel free to tell me about it, but I probably won't have a clue how to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]