Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 48,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 [Official][8/30/2014]

Tip us?

esilence
Old
Thanks Meter 9
thanks @furboom1240 i wished i knew xPosed before, then i could experiment with it

@REV3NT3CH

in case u upload the july (7/24) version, any chance to rebuild it with only fixed the camera bug?
I do not know what else was fixed after that in the current version and if they really were so important, but it definitely causes the battery problems. admitted reducing cpu/gpu is not an elegant solution. july was obviously the most efficient built, also in performance at least

sorgo
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I tried to set the interactive governor, because the phone had lot of lag, especially when unlocking and receiving a call. It took few seconds (5 to 10) until the display came up and phone was responsive. Now it's a bit better, but I found out one thing: the Battery Monitor Widget says, that most of the battery usage is due to Android OS, but the details show, that almost all of Android OS record is kswapd0. Is there any way to turn of swap? Was the swap added in recent version? That would explain the battery drain.

EU import of Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (full qwerty android!) running LiquidSmooth!

chuckiev79
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorgo View Post
I tried to set the interactive governor, because the phone had lot of lag, especially when unlocking and receiving a call. It took few seconds (5 to 10) until the display came up and phone was responsive. Now it's a bit better, but I found out one thing: the Battery Monitor Widget says, that most of the battery usage is due to Android OS, but the details show, that almost all of Android OS record is kswapd0. Is there any way to turn of swap? Was the swap added in recent version? That would explain the battery drain.
Did u try the wakelock blocker? I use this with greenify, and kernel tweeker 1350 max both cores(optimax) and undervolt 3 clicks to 862. My battery life is great and I use gps a lot for work, although I try not to use high accuracy.

Player-J
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
The problem could be from using memory with lack of a swap space. In this case, the Android OS is showing kswapd0 is looking to use swap space that isn't available, so it just keeps looking for it. Having swap space should improve performance and reduce lag.

sorgo
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player-J View Post
The problem could be from using memory with lack of a swap space. In this case, the Android OS is showing kswapd0 is looking to use swap space that isn't available, so it just keeps looking for it. Having swap space should improve performance and reduce lag.
Is swap a good idea? I remember HTC Desire Z with 512 MB RAM running with swap and it didn't help much, just the sd card passed away in few months.

EU import of Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (full qwerty android!) running LiquidSmooth!

Player-J
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Is swap a good idea? I remember HTC Desire Z with 512 MB RAM running with swap and it didn't help much, just the sd card passed away in few months.

The benefits of using swap are debatable. Some will say it isn't necessary while others argue that it will improve performance. Personally, I have a swap partition set up on my sd card. I figure - if it can possibly give a little boost to performance, then why not? Sd cards aren't that expensive and they won't last forever anyway. I back up anything important to my computer.

You performance problem might be helped by re-flashing the kernel only, then making a few adjustments to your settings. My phone is fast and operates efficiently and I don't use the interactive kernel ever.

furboom1240
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Post WiFi AP bug revisited

If no one knows what I'm talking about, simply inquire.

I'll try to keep this short.

It was mentioned to me by members of TeamApexQ that the bug I complained about regarding WiFi AP is upstream AND only noticeable on Windows versions that use dedicated preset Firewall settings (Vista and up). Can it be fixed? If so, I will never look back toward Android 4.3 again.

If this is a bug, who should I go to? What files should I submit from my 4.3 based ROM?

Keep me posted.

Current Device:
SAMSUNG Galaxy S Relay from T-Mobile
ROM: CYANOGENMOD 10.2.0 (Android 4.3.1) Stable
Recovery: TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.1.0
Please press "THANKS" if I helped or enlightened you!

TPMJB
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Does anyone have the most recent July build? I don't know what it is, but my phone is acting worse than it did before I odin'd the latest stock rom and flashed the last build. I am getting very poor reception (no service) in areas I knew I got full bars before! I tried re-flashing the rom to no success. I feel like I need to go through the whole odin process again before I flash anything else because my phone is literally un-usable at this point.