Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How is your battery life. Please discuss here

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy59 View Post
Is this good or bad battery life
You're on pace for over 6 hours screen time. Depending on your usage and setup, that could be just fine. 👍
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayermunich View Post
In light of how much Facebook-related apps drain the battery, are there any good messenger apps you guys recommend that aggregate your various social media logins? I've heard of apps that allow you to message on your various social networking accounts from a centralized hub. Wondering if this would help with the whole Facebook battery issue.
There is friendcaster which is a little bit easier on The battery.

MRKikas
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I think my stats are very good, with a good setup (Rom, kernell, configs...) this phone has a great battery.

See post
HTC One M8 - The Best 2014 Smartphone. (Yes, I'm HTC fanboy, but with arguments)

kingofthebraves
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I got 5 hours of sot with wifi on the whole time and 1 hour of voice calls. Running gpe Rom, this phone is amazing and easily outlasts the s5!
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

vRS Carl
Old
Thanks Meter 29
This is mine so far this weekend. Unplugged yesterday morning and been used for a few text messages answering work emails and playing the odd game of Tetris. This is with mobile data off as I'm at home so using the WiFi. Easy enough to get 10-11hrs SoT at the weekend. During this week I'd probably have around 40% battery left at this point as I'd have made phone calls.

So you can get great battery life as long as you're prepared to do some switching of mobile data and location on and off as needed rather than leaving both on all the time.

walle4893
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS Carl View Post
This is mine so far this weekend. Unplugged yesterday morning and been used for a few text messages answering work emails and playing the odd game of Tetris. This is with mobile data off as I'm at home so using the WiFi. Easy enough to get 10-11hrs SoT at the weekend. During this week I'd probably have around 40% battery left at this point as I'd have made phone calls.

So you can get great battery life as long as you're prepared to do some switching of mobile data and location on and off as needed rather than leaving both on all the time.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/21/6u9a2yve.jpg
My M8 would be half your battery at this point (4 hrs SoT). I don't understand why I check the wakelocks everyday and nothing strange was awake, mobile data off 80% of the time since I've my wifi on.