Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

All About Gionee M2 And Development

Tip us?

nandakalyan
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsey View Post
If you ever get an error on flashing, Throw up ADB whilst in recovery, connect USB and issue command in windows

adb pull tmp/recovery.log

This will extract a txt file and you can easly see the error and fix .

For your supersu issue, Have you init.d support on rom? Using my update script, copy/replace attached files over your rom, This will get you working.

Thirdly, What do you mean UI , The whole system UI/notification area etc or just the launcher?

I would need to see a logcat of what errors your getting whilst bootlooping to help you with that issue, have you disabled signature checks?
Thanks! That was really helpful, am still learning how to do these things. I think I enabled init.d support, because I see the folder in system-etc. I did try a workaround for the SU issue last night, so I am hoping to fix it. Yet to test it though. I will use your suggestion as well, because I think it is more authentic than my methods

I will do the adb pull and see the log to try and resolve it. I will post the logcat if I hit a boot loop again, I think I hit bootloop because of the UI changes I made.

Like the typical noob, I just thought I'd give a shot at it by replacing Launcher.apk, framework-res.apk, framework.jar, SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk. I think something got really messed up (permissions or version compatibilty)....I replaced these with KK versions of apps I downloaded.

By UI, I mean the Amigo system (aka Gionee's custom skin like Samsung Touchwiz). I want to do away with the whole gamut of the custom skin and just keep give it a clean AOSP look. I love the understated looks of the stock KitKat UI, I am sure there are many who love it that way as well. So trying to make this one for the community!
Thanks XDA and All Developers!
  • Devices: Xperia Pro - MK16i, Lava Iris 504Q, Gionee M2
  • ROM:Viper Xperia, Iris Stock (self mods), Canvas 2.2 for M2
  • Kernel:LuPuS, Iris Stock, Gionee Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to nandakalyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

odifek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by odifek View Post
I have a problem here. After updating my bros m2 (8gb) to kitkat, apps no longer install in the internal 3.9 GB internal phone storage partition. They only go to system memory which has but little space! How do I fix this please?
Any fix for this yet?

wilsey
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakalyan View Post
Thanks! That was really helpful, am still learning how to do these things. I think I enabled init.d support, because I see the folder in system-etc. I did try a workaround for the SU issue last night, so I am hoping to fix it. Yet to test it though. I will use your suggestion as well, because I think it is more authentic than my methods

I will do the adb pull and see the log to try and resolve it. I will post the logcat if I hit a boot loop again, I think I hit bootloop because of the UI changes I made.

Like the typical noob, I just thought I'd give a shot at it by replacing Launcher.apk, framework-res.apk, framework.jar, SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk. I think something got really messed up (permissions or version compatibilty)....I replaced these with KK versions of apps I downloaded.

By UI, I mean the Amigo system (aka Gionee's custom skin like Samsung Touchwiz). I want to do away with the whole gamut of the custom skin and just keep give it a clean AOSP look. I love the understated looks of the stock KitKat UI, I am sure there are many who love it that way as well. So trying to make this one for the community!
Ah no problems, Nothing wrong with trying things, its how we learn

Swapping framework files is a bad idea, as alot of system apps, jar files and smali pull the resources from the public id in framework-res.apk, and when you replace that everything is messed up.

Also a must when replace system files is disabling signature checks, simple and easy guide can be found here .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725233

Now, Launcher is fine to replace, but i wouldn't change the rest, settings.apk can be a hit and miss, but the rest you would need to port.

But if you are looking for a completely new ui, stock based, I would recommend porting another rom to your device and work on modding that.

I could certainly help with getting a rom stock based from a device with similar specs and assist you porting it.
Tablets
Archos A101it
ICS based on CM9 - Bizcuite AlphaTest Release

Mobiles
*Xperia S (LT26i) NXT Rom
Nokia Lumia 900 - Tango 7.5
SE Xperia Play - Custom Jellybean
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiwtir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Storage Problem!

This may be a bug but... When I try to download a app from the play store when the internal memory is less than 320mb or something... I get the insufficient space error...! Anyone else experieneced this? Me running on KitKat and not rooted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-19-18-14-52.png
Views:	22
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	2942753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-19-18-14-27.png
Views:	19
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	2942754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-19-18-14-58.png
Views:	20
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	2942755  

odifek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwtir View Post
This may be a bug but... When I try to download a app from the play store when the internal memory is less than 320mb or something... I get the insufficient space error...! Anyone else experieneced this? Me running on KitKat and not rooted
Hello, are you using the 8gb version? Are you able to install apps in the internal phone storage of 4gb?

nandakalyan
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsey View Post
Ah no problems, Nothing wrong with trying things, its how we learn

Swapping framework files is a bad idea, as alot of system apps, jar files and smali pull the resources from the public id in framework-res.apk, and when you replace that everything is messed up.

Also a must when replace system files is disabling signature checks, simple and easy guide can be found here .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725233

Now, Launcher is fine to replace, but i wouldn't change the rest, settings.apk can be a hit and miss, but the rest you would need to port.

But if you are looking for a completely new ui, stock based, I would recommend porting another rom to your device and work on modding that.

I could certainly help with getting a rom stock based from a device with similar specs and assist you porting it.
Thanks for the encouraging words! It means a lot to me! I successfully flashed the stock firmware (with your script and SU files) but the android keyboard FC didnt stop is it to do with permissions?

I will go the porting way, I think no other MT6582 device is really running an AOSP Kitkat ROM if I can find one, I can use the kitchen to start the basic work.

Thanks again for the continuous support!
Thanks XDA and All Developers!
  • Devices: Xperia Pro - MK16i, Lava Iris 504Q, Gionee M2
  • ROM:Viper Xperia, Iris Stock (self mods), Canvas 2.2 for M2
  • Kernel:LuPuS, Iris Stock, Gionee Stock

Donwise
Old
Thanks Meter 1
After doing CWM backup of this phone, I realized that the backup file is not in zip format. Am I safe, or didn't I get it ryt?
The Following User Says Thank You to Donwise For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhanmohan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donwise View Post
After doing CWM backup of this phone, I realized that the backup file is not in zip format. Am I safe, or didn't I get it ryt?
if u make backup with cwm u won't get zip file... if u do backup with mtk droid tools u will get zip file.. but don't worry... both backup if safe...

kiwtir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odifek View Post
Hello, are you using the 8gb version? Are you able to install apps in the internal phone storage of 4gb?
It's the 4gb version... And ya I'm able to install apps in phone storage... I'm also able to install the apk files but I can't download anything from play store

wilsey
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakalyan View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words! It means a lot to me! I successfully flashed the stock firmware (with your script and SU files) but the android keyboard FC didnt stop is it to do with permissions?

I will go the porting way, I think no other MT6582 device is really running an AOSP Kitkat ROM if I can find one, I can use the kitchen to start the basic work.

Thanks again for the continuous support!
You should have a look on Needrom for differnt roms, just type into search MT6582.

About keyboard, try removing and updating the keyboard to a later version,usually called LatinIME.apk in your system/app folder. And also if you are using the Android L version, make sure to put the library files into the system/lib folder.
Tablets
Archos A101it
ICS based on CM9 - Bizcuite AlphaTest Release

Mobiles
*Xperia S (LT26i) NXT Rom
Nokia Lumia 900 - Tango 7.5
SE Xperia Play - Custom Jellybean