I can't seem to get either RUU to run. I'm currently on 1.5.531.7 and trying to update to the latest 2.22.531.6. Obviously, I'm rooted and s-off. I'm still on the stock ROM, I just made some manual modifications (remove the sound from the bootanimation, deleted a bunch of bloat/logging/etc.).
I run Linux as my daily OS so I'm not sure what is wrong with the Win7 setup. I never really use it. Here is what I did:
1. Installed HTC Sync Manager on Windows, and then immediately uninstalled it (but left the HTC USB driver manager installed so that I have the USB drivers).
2. Downloaded the SDK for Windows (and put the directory in my PATH variable so I can run commands from anywhere in the CMD prompt)
3. Ran fastboot oem lock to relock my bootloader (and confirmed it shows as relocked when I reboot)
4. Enabled USB debugging and verified that fast boot option in power settings is not checked
5. Booted into fastboot USB
6. Right-click and run the ruu.exe as administrator
7. Tell Windows to go ahead and run the program as administrator, click Next in the installshield, click radio button to agree to license and hit Next button.
At this point, the RUU just seems to crash. Nothing happens, Windows doesn't even tell me that the program crashed, but it seems to disappear from task manager. Just nothing going on. I also tried the 2.22.531.5 RUU and I get the same behavior...it just crashes.
Anyone have any idea what is going on? I just want to get the update to 2.22.531.6 and figured the RUU was the easiest option. Once running that I'll just unlock the bootloader again, flash SuperSU from recovery, and make a few mods again.
If running the RUU isn't the best option, can I just download the 2.22.531.6 nandroid backup and restore it via recovery? I feel like that might put the phone in a "dirty" state though, and would like to flash from a clean slate. Any suggestions?