Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TWRP_Recovery_2.8.0.0][Unofficial][quincyatt]

Tip us?

Gil81
Old
Thanks Meter 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmeitorilltell View Post
The 2.7 twrp is still on my afh account. I'll look into this more. Guess I should have at least tried flashing a rom.
I had ur 2.7 version on my laptop..just not my device..lol.

All I did was clear cache and dalvik..flash 2.8 and reboot recovery. It just would not boot system back up. Kept going back to 2.8 recovery. I tried shutting off device and a battery pull. Then dirty flashed current ROM over itself and reboot. Still booted back to twrp. But after I odin'd 2.7 it booted right back to current ROM.

Not sure if that helps and I couldn't get a log..sorry.

Thx for the ongoing support you are giving our old beloved note.
Note I717: AOKP ( 4.4 )
E4GT : Project X ( 4.1.2 ) Moms phone now..lol
GT-P7510 : SlimSaber ( 4.3 )
Thanks Dev's for these Awesome Roms...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gil81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 516
2.8.0.0 flashed for me I just get stuck in a loop when I reboot after flashing a rom... its just that once 2.8.0.0 is flashed and you try to reboot system its sends the device into a loop back to recovery.
Attached Files
File Type: txt recovery%20log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (24.5 KB, 6 views)
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.2
KERNEL: Stock CM
The Following User Says Thank You to dzee206 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Helios909
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Interestingly I came from version 2.7.1.0 (your version) as TWRP versions since 2.6.1.0 have not worked properly on my device, and I installed without a problem, booted into my OS and all was good. Then I rebooted into recovery and was just checking out the new changes, and when I rebooted again, the phone would not boot into anything but recovery or download mode. I tried a variety of things, but no matter what it would only boot into TWRP. Finally the only thing that worked was flashing to CWM, and then flashing back to TWRP 2.6.1.0 and now it booted back into the OS again. Don't know what's going on with that - but it suddenly ocurred to me that I lost 2.7.1.0 in the process, and I don't have a backup. I'm hesitant to install 2.8.0.0 again - where can I find the last version? Regardless, thank you for your great work as your version of TWRP has been the only thing that has worked for my 4.4.4 versions other than CWM.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
2.8.0.0 flashed for me I just get stuck in a loop when I reboot after flashing a rom... its just that once 2.8.0.0 is flashed and you try to reboot system its sends the device into a loop back to recovery.
Yup, I had the same problem except I didn't even flash a new ROM. Does anyone have a version of gimmeitorilltell's 2.7.1.0 for quincyatt? I didn't make a backup. But what got me out of the loop was flashing CWM, then flashing TWRP 2.6.1.0.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil81 View Post
I had ur 2.7 version on my laptop..just not my device..lol.

All I did was clear cache and dalvik..flash 2.8 and reboot recovery. It just would not boot system back up. Kept going back to 2.8 recovery. I tried shutting off device and a battery pull. Then dirty flashed current ROM over itself and reboot. Still booted back to twrp. But after I odin'd 2.7 it booted right back to current ROM.

Not sure if that helps and I couldn't get a log..sorry.

Thx for the ongoing support you are giving our old beloved note.
Same. Does anyone have a copy of 2.7.1.0 gimmeitorilltell's TWRP still?

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,168
Those of you with a boot loop try doing a fastboot erase cache and see if that fixes it. That seems to help for the m7 at least.

gimmeitorilltell
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,251

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios909 View Post
Interestingly I came from version 2.7.1.0 (your version) as TWRP versions since 2.6.1.0 have not worked properly on my device, and I installed without a problem, booted into my OS and all was good. Then I rebooted into recovery and was just checking out the new changes, and when I rebooted again, the phone would not boot into anything but recovery or download mode. I tried a variety of things, but no matter what it would only boot into TWRP. Finally the only thing that worked was flashing to CWM, and then flashing back to TWRP 2.6.1.0 and now it booted back into the OS again. Don't know what's going on with that - but it suddenly ocurred to me that I lost 2.7.1.0 in the process, and I don't have a backup. I'm hesitant to install 2.8.0.0 again - where can I find the last version? Regardless, thank you for your great work as your version of TWRP has been the only thing that has worked for my 4.4.4 versions other than CWM.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Yup, I had the same problem except I didn't even flash a new ROM. Does anyone have a version of gimmeitorilltell's 2.7.1.0 for quincyatt? I didn't make a backup. But what got me out of the loop was flashing CWM, then flashing TWRP 2.6.1.0.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Same. Does anyone have a copy of 2.7.1.0 gimmeitorilltell's TWRP still?
Here is TWRP_2.7.1.0