XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Lock Screen Weather Unavailable...

OP TheNamelessMan

1st May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Anybody have thoughts?

Using a gold one on AT&T, carrier locked from best buy.

I've stopped all weather processes in apps and restarted the phone a number of times, still says weather unavailable.

I've also changed the settings in the weather app to refresh every hour, and update when I open the app. 2 restarts and a power off later and still says weather unavailable on the lock screen.

Any help would be appreciated.
7th May 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 6

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNamelessMan

Anybody have thoughts?

Using a gold one on AT&T, carrier locked from best buy.

I've stopped all weather processes in apps and restarted the phone a number of times, still says weather unavailable.

I've also changed the settings in the weather app to refresh every hour, and update when I open the app. 2 restarts and a power off later and still says weather unavailable on the lock screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mine was doing this because I had the HTC weather service turned off under Settings->Accounts & sync->HTC Weather Service. Once I turned it back on it started working again.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowkilts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag MD
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkilts

Mine was doing this because I had the HTC weather service turned off under Settings->Accounts & sync->HTC Weather Service. Once I turned it back on it started working again.

that worked for me. thank you.
11th July 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkilts

I can't get mine to work trying this. Only if I change the Location Sources Mode to 'High Accuracy' will it work. I don't want to waste data though using this mode. Anyone know the difference in data usage between modes?
Thanks
Last edited by IcarusLSC; 11th July 2014 at 04:27 AM.
11th July 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 6

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusLSC

I can't get mine to work trying this. Only if I change the Location Sources Mode to 'High Accuracy' will it work. I don't want to waste data though using this mode. Anyone know the difference in data usage between modes?
Thanks

Works fine on mine with Location Mode set to "Battery Saving".

I believe the only difference between "Battery Saving" and "High Accuracy" is that "High Accuracy" turns on the GPS, which does not use any data, but does consume battery.
11th July 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ontario

26 posts
More
Oh, so I'm probably better off using the High Accuracy then?! Weird it doesn't work on mine with the Battery saving options or other though...
22nd September 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 31

194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusLSC

Oh, so I'm probably better off using the High Accuracy then?! Weird it doesn't work on mine with the Battery saving options or other though...

No! You got it wrong. The "High Accuracy" mod uses GPS in conjunction with your Mobile Data, so you are not "better off using it", cuz not only it will consume your mobile data, but also your battery. That's why it called High Accuracy, because it uses both resources to obtain high accuracy!
"Battery Saving" works just fine with the HTC weather widget, no need for the High Accuracy.
22nd September 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #8  
Flag Ontario

26 posts
More
I thought it was weird. I don't use the phone now so gave up on it. Going to sell it, as I didn't like it, don't use it, and got a Note 3, plus its in brand new condition still...
Last edited by IcarusLSC; 22nd September 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread