Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lock Screen Weather Unavailable...

Tip us?

TheNamelessMan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lock Screen Weather Unavailable...

Anybody have thoughts?

Using a gold one on AT&T, carrier locked from best buy.

I've stopped all weather processes in apps and restarted the phone a number of times, still says weather unavailable.

I've also changed the settings in the weather app to refresh every hour, and update when I open the app. 2 restarts and a power off later and still says weather unavailable on the lock screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

snowkilts
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNamelessMan View Post
Anybody have thoughts?

Using a gold one on AT&T, carrier locked from best buy.

I've stopped all weather processes in apps and restarted the phone a number of times, still says weather unavailable.

I've also changed the settings in the weather app to refresh every hour, and update when I open the app. 2 restarts and a power off later and still says weather unavailable on the lock screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mine was doing this because I had the HTC weather service turned off under Settings->Accounts & sync->HTC Weather Service. Once I turned it back on it started working again.
Current: HTC One M8, S-Off, Venom ROM

Retired: HTC One X; HTC Pure (Topaz); Cingular 8525 (Tytn); Palm M505
The Following User Says Thank You to snowkilts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wbbjason
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkilts View Post
Mine was doing this because I had the HTC weather service turned off under Settings->Accounts & sync->HTC Weather Service. Once I turned it back on it started working again.
that worked for me. thank you.
If you're the guy who answers MSL questions with "Call Sprint" you should be drug through the streets. There is someone you can call to answer pretty much every question on this forum. But that's not why we're here is it? If that's all you have to add then sign out of here and sign back into Facebook. Useless comments are tolerated there.

IcarusLSC
Old
(Last edited by IcarusLSC; 11th July 2014 at 04:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkilts View Post
I can't get mine to work trying this. Only if I change the Location Sources Mode to 'High Accuracy' will it work. I don't want to waste data though using this mode. Anyone know the difference in data usage between modes?
Thanks

snowkilts
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
I can't get mine to work trying this. Only if I change the Location Sources Mode to 'High Accuracy' will it work. I don't want to waste data though using this mode. Anyone know the difference in data usage between modes?
Thanks
Works fine on mine with Location Mode set to "Battery Saving".

I believe the only difference between "Battery Saving" and "High Accuracy" is that "High Accuracy" turns on the GPS, which does not use any data, but does consume battery.
Current: HTC One M8, S-Off, Venom ROM

Retired: HTC One X; HTC Pure (Topaz); Cingular 8525 (Tytn); Palm M505

IcarusLSC
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Oh, so I'm probably better off using the High Accuracy then?! Weird it doesn't work on mine with the Battery saving options or other though...

Haik0
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
Oh, so I'm probably better off using the High Accuracy then?! Weird it doesn't work on mine with the Battery saving options or other though...

No! You got it wrong. The "High Accuracy" mod uses GPS in conjunction with your Mobile Data, so you are not "better off using it", cuz not only it will consume your mobile data, but also your battery. That's why it called High Accuracy, because it uses both resources to obtain high accuracy!
"Battery Saving" works just fine with the HTC weather widget, no need for the High Accuracy.

IcarusLSC
Old
(Last edited by IcarusLSC; Yesterday at 07:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I thought it was weird. I don't use the phone now so gave up on it. Going to sell it, as I didn't like it, don't use it, and got a Note 3, plus its in brand new condition still...