MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Airplay fully working and Mirroring too.. AndroidApple Tv allinOne

14th September 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adit18

Hi folks. For those of you who have this app installed could you please let me know how it good it is at Airplaying video clips captured by the IPHONE / IPAD itself? So I'm not referring to online video (such as iplayer / youtube) being sent to the device, instead I'm asking about video's actually taken on the iphone?

I shelled out for AirReceiver app and although it's good for Airplaying photos and web video content, its crap for video clips cpatured from iphone (LOTS of buffering and really slow).

Also a question for WaxRain, if I pourchase the app, how many devices can I install it on? I myself have 3 FireTVs in my house.

Thanks.

I regularly stream photos and videos (IPhone captured) to FTV using the PRO version and it works fine. My FTV is wired to my router over a Gbps connection and my IPhone is connected to the router over 5GHz wireless.

Regarding the install on multiple devices, you can. Let WaxRain know your Wired/Wireless MAC addresses of each FTV by email and he should add it. I just send him for my new FTV recently and it was added a day later. You can bypass that if you have Google Play installed and run it under the same account on all FTVs. Make sure you buy under that account as well.
14th September 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 60

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzyfin

I can attest that this app is awesome. Works flawlessly 99% of time. BTW, jailbreak your ios device and install movie box. Airplay on fire tv is great. MovieBox blows away XBMC in quality and stability.

Movie Box is akin to Netflix, which is no where near the same thing as XBMC. XBMC may support streaming via add-ons, but that is far from its primary useuse. Making silly comparisons like that will only further confuse people.
15th September 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdoshi

I regularly stream photos and videos (IPhone captured) to FTV using the PRO version and it works fine. My FTV is wired to my router over a Gbps connection and my IPhone is connected to the router over 5GHz wireless.

Regarding the install on multiple devices, you can. Let WaxRain know your Wired/Wireless MAC addresses of each FTV by email and he should add it. I just send him for my new FTV recently and it was added a day later. You can bypass that if you have Google Play installed and run it under the same account on all FTVs. Make sure you buy under that account as well.

@dbdoshi thanks very much. I'll purchase the pro version and see how it goes. I already purchased a different one called AirReceiver through the Amazon app store and this works for APART from video captured by the iPhone itself. My FireTV is connected by ethernet to my router and the iPhone is connected via wifi N (albeit 2.4 GHz). I did email the author of AirReceiver (Felix Long) and he said the issues with airplaying video captured by iPhone is caused by the high bitrate apple uses to capture video. So I'm very interested to hear that the WaxRain app is playing this type of video without issues.
15th September 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #24  

46 posts
More
If I remember correctly, this app is also available now in Amazon App Store. Check that before you buy from Google Play.
22nd September 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #25  

26 posts
Hi,

can I use AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) to stream from the Gamepass-App (iPhone/iOS) to my Fire TV?

Does this also work with iOS8?

Until now I use a Raspberry-pi with Raspbmc (xbmc), but this works only with iOS7.

Thx,
D.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread