Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Back Button App

OP Not The Flong

15th April 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Planet Cat
Thanks Meter: 13

27 posts
More
A nice little free non-root app that sits on the right hand side of the screen when in landscape so you can go the Home Screen, Go Back or look at the Notification dropdown quickly

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckkey&hl=en-GB
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Not The Flong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The Flong

A nice little free non-root app that sits on the right hand side of the screen when in landscape so you can go the Home Screen, Go Back or look at the Notification dropdown quickly

Nice app!
11th May 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The Flong

Great - thanks a lot!
The buttons located at the middle of the status bar were the topic that bothered me most on my new Z2 tab, as you always have to move your hand and let go the tablet's frame.
11th May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 179

766 posts
One of the main reasons I have already rooted my device (although the bootloader had to be unlocked).

So I can use "Expanded Desktop" from Xposed module "Gravity Box" (no navigation bar anymore, which additionally means more screen estate) and GMD Gesture control instead.

For instance, for "Back" I have set 2 gestures: Either diagonally (!) to the right and down with 3 fingers, or the same to the left and down.
Since "Back" is a very frequent command, this is the most comfortable direction for a swipe because the arm which is holding the tablet is anyway in that direction. I just have to pull the arm "back" instead of bringing it into a certain position first. And the two gestures ensure that I can make the Back gesture with either hand equally comfortably.

I had the device unrooted for two weeks, and it felt simply awkward to be forced again to hit little spots on the screen for basic commands. (My other devices are always also rooted.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hasenbein1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
I've tried GMD gestures but wasn't able to get it work. Any idea why or did you do anything special to make it work? On my N7 it's been working like a charm for a long time. Thanks.
19th September 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 179

766 posts
On the Z2 Tablet, you have to set (in "Advancedô) "Override touch events parser detection" to "HC_DEFAULT".
The Following User Says Thank You to hasenbein1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Sorry to be an idiot but this sounds very good and natural. However I can't picture the mvmt. Do u grab with the free hand and then swipe or what?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread