5,814,981 Members 40,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] AndroidCtrl.dll (AAPT/ADB/Fastboot/(apk/zip) Signer - Framework)

Tip us?
 
squabbi
Old
#31  
squabbi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 896
Posts: 1,068
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr View Post
How does this project compare to AndroidLib? I currently use AndroidLib in my toolkits, but I'd be open to switching to this if it offers more capabilities.
I've also noticed that the documentation and support for this is better for those who need a kick start.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/maowdroid


Devices:
HTC One M8 Silver 16GB - Converted Developer Edition
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squabbi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Krystanos
Old
#32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hello guys,

Thanks for this lib! I want to develop a sync tool for my devices. Seeing how the MTP lib is built, I understand why I can't find a damn soft working correctly. It made me not wanting to work on my soft anymore...

But I can find in this lib everything I need. So I'll give it a try, and a feedback for sure

Thanks again!
 
k1ll3r8e
Old
#33  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 120
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Delmenhorst

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystanos View Post
Hello guys,

Thanks for this lib! I want to develop a sync tool for my devices. Seeing how the MTP lib is built, I understand why I can't find a damn soft working correctly. It made me not wanting to work on my soft anymore...

But I can find in this lib everything I need. So I'll give it a try, and a feedback for sure

Thanks again!
Hey there,

THX for giving this dll a try!

But, u found an MTP lib outside there?
Can u pls provide a link or send me a pm? Coz i searched also for this, so i can eventually write an MTP .NET wrapper part in my dll.

Also, if need some help or some examples let me know, i'll do my best to help u!

Regards,
Sebastian

HTC-Sensation 4G (z710e)
- NanD: S-OFF
- Firmware: 3.33.401.6
- H-Boot: 1.27.1111 (juopunutbear)
- Rom: CM11 with ION and 3.0 kernel
- Recovery: 4EXT Touch & 4EXT Recovery Updater
- Battery: Anker 1900 mAh

 
Krystanos
Old
#34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ll3r8e View Post
Hey there,

THX for giving this dll a try!

But, u found an MTP lib outside there?
Nope. Only lib you can use is the MTP lib in the Windows API. Good old COM, and version not updated since Vista has been released. Also, this lib has bugs (which could explain why so many MTP sync tools fails very hard).

Quote:
Can u pls provide a link or send me a pm? Coz i searched also for this, so i can eventually write an MTP .NET wrapper part in my dll.
That would be awesome! I wanted to do this MTP .NET wrapper, but for the reasons I gave before, I didn't want anymore. Having to patch the DLL and so... Having to use COM. I'm not the low layer dev I used to be, I like pretty much working on arch matters instead of inter-technology communication
But if you want some help, somewhere on the path, I can give a hand...

Here are a few links I saved for further study when I would work on MTP:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dimeby8/arch...ices-in-c.aspx
http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/...or-fun-and-fun
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx
http://www.andrewt.com/blog/post/201...-MTP-in-C.aspx

Some important articles are linked in these articles, like the one explaining the bug in the MTP API, and how to patch it.

Quote:
Also, if need some help or some examples let me know, i'll do my best to help u!

Regards,
Sebastian
Good job and good spirit. Nice to meet you
The Following User Says Thank You to Krystanos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
k1ll3r8e
Old
#35  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 120
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Delmenhorst

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystanos View Post
Nope. Only lib you can use is the MTP lib in the Windows API. Good old COM, and version not updated since Vista has been released. Also, this lib has bugs (which could explain why so many MTP sync tools fails very hard).
Hey there,

yup, i also read about that issue... Damn MS^^

Thought u had found a dll which is based on the Windows-Management API
(I experimented a bit with it, but, i hate statements similar to SQL, coz... i hate SQL - But, i'll try it again, so no guarantee that i get it work but i'll try.)

Quote:
That would be awesome! I wanted to do this MTP .NET wrapper, but for the reasons I gave before, I didn't want anymore. Having to patch the DLL and so... Having to use COM. I'm not the low layer dev I used to be, I like pretty much working on arch matters instead of inter-technology communication
But if you want some help, somewhere on the path, I can give a hand...

Here are a few links I saved for further study when I would work on MTP:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dimeby8/arch...ices-in-c.aspx
http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/...or-fun-and-fun
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx
http://www.andrewt.com/blog/post/201...-MTP-in-C.aspx

Some important articles are linked in these articles, like the one explaining the bug in the MTP API, and how to patch it.
THX a LOT!
I'll read it for sure! But on first view most articles describe how to reassemble the dll... I think that's not a really clean way... So i'll try it 1st via Windows-Management API.

Quote:
Good job and good spirit. Nice to meet you
THX dude, i try my best to help where i can!

Nice to meet u too!

Regards,
Sebastian

HTC-Sensation 4G (z710e)
- NanD: S-OFF
- Firmware: 3.33.401.6
- H-Boot: 1.27.1111 (juopunutbear)
- Rom: CM11 with ION and 3.0 kernel
- Recovery: 4EXT Touch & 4EXT Recovery Updater
- Battery: Anker 1900 mAh

Tags
adb, androidctrl.dll, dll, fastboot, framework
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes