Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Review] Doogee DG550 Kitkat OctaCore Phablet

Tip us?

zijin_cheng
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyjoao View Post
What testes do you want me to do ?????

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using XDA Free mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyjoao View Post
For me everything is ok for now I have charge 12 hours 1st charge and I have for now 15 hours of abuse , games, youtube , face...and I have 60 % of bat ..it is ok I have a nice bat with kk....

Thanks for the quick reply! Actually your second post is pretty much what I'm looking for, just wondering how many hours of screen on time do you get during that 15 hours of abuse?

Thanks!

bodyjoao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I dont now for shore but more than 10 hours...Right now I am atenting to change the internal memory to the external ...but I can not find the vold.fstab....cam anyone help.....

Dr Swag Daddy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by binetp View Post
I just flashed back to the 4.2.9 and it runs more smoothly and battery life is better. Don't hold your breath for KitKat...sounds like Doogee have determined that the hardware is not KK compatible. best we can hope for is custom variants of 4.2.9.

Except for disappointing GPS performance I really like the fone.
I flashed the 4.4.2 rom, I think it was the official build since it still had the DooGee icons, locker, ect.
Anyway I couldn't be happier with it. I'm noticing at least 1.5x better battery life and it's much more stable with Nova.

If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it to everybody. I haven't tried GPS yet but litterally EVERYTHING else works great if not better. I'll try GPS tomorrow but even if it doesn't work, there's no way i'll be going back to JB, not after this.

-Lee

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zijin_cheng View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! Actually your second post is pretty much what I'm looking for, just wondering how many hours of screen on time do you get during that 15 hours of abuse?

Thanks!
I've had mine for a little less then a week. While I was on "4.2.9" I was getting terrible battery life, 10 hours at best with moderate use. I upgraded to KitKat off Needrom, and it has significantly improved so far. I just did the upgrade today but from what I've seen, maybe 14-15 hours moderate use.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Swag Daddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

binetp
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Newly discovered problems

Thought my life with JBwas great until I needed to make several calls today. All calls...and I mean all...cut off after about 30 seconds. I will go back to KK and keep fingers crossed! Our first marriage didn't last too long...let's see how she treats me this time.

zijin_cheng
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag Daddy View Post
I flashed the 4.4.2 rom, I think it was the official build since it still had the DooGee icons, locker, ect.
Anyway I couldn't be happier with it. I'm noticing at least 1.5x better battery life and it's much more stable with Nova.

If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it to everybody. I haven't tried GPS yet but litterally EVERYTHING else works great if not better. I'll try GPS tomorrow but even if it doesn't work, there's no way i'll be going back to JB, not after this.

-Lee

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I've had mine for a little less then a week. While I was on "4.2.9" I was getting terrible battery life, 10 hours at best with moderate use. I upgraded to KitKat off Needrom, and it has significantly improved so far. I just did the upgrade today but from what I've seen, maybe 14-15 hours moderate use.
Interesting. Yours and OP's battery life reports seem to differ. he got 10 hours of SOT over 15 hours total standby, and is only down to 60%, while you have about 15 hours of moderate use, which definitely isn't 10 hours of SOT I'm guessing.

Do you (or anyone else) mind posting your battery screenshots with SOT? Would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Did you mean 10 hours of SOT, and now you get 14-15 hours SOT?