Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hard Brick (QDL) Solution Research - HTC One (M7)

OP MarvThor

7th August 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 68

142 posts
To make a long story short (like you did in the OP), I have to same problem

The cause: flashing newer firmware version. All the symptoms are exactly the same. When I get home from work today I will try these 2 things, they are a little variation of what I already tried:

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...a-adb-0154361/

http://www.androidlegend.com/how-to-...ndroid-device/

I don't have much hope that I can fix it myself and am already in contact with HTC though. The main problem is that I'm in Argentina and I bought the phone in Germany..

You didn't find any other possible fixes, right?
2nd September 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
Unhappy Hi, I Have Same Problem Since A Month With My HTC One M7 32GB
I Got this phone as a Gift From USA HTC one M7. My Phone Just got hanged on lockscreen when i try to restart it, it turns off but did not turn on,no single light is turning on, no screen light or notification, no recovery or download mode. its like a brick piece. i tried all charging tricks such as USB PC ,Wall Charger for Hours, Orignal Charger and rest things, i cannot send phone to USA , i am in qatar, what should i do, any guys who experienced such problem and how did they solved it and, what will be the cost if no warranty. any help ? thanks in advance.
21st September 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #13  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by till22

To make a long story short (like you did in the OP), I have to same problem

The cause: flashing newer firmware version. All the symptoms are exactly the same. When I get home from work today I will try these 2 things, they are a little variation of what I already tried:

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...a-adb-0154361/

http://www.androidlegend.com/how-to-...ndroid-device/

I don't have much hope that I can fix it myself and am already in contact with HTC though. The main problem is that I'm in Argentina and I bought the phone in Germany..

You didn't find any other possible fixes, right?

Hi, how did this go? I just bricked mine doing the same thing... upgrading firmware. I can't get it to respond to any of the suggested methods. What sucks is that the firmware update dialog in fastboot looked good to me. Sucks...
21st September 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #14  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,166

4,263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkclarke

Hi, how did this go? I just bricked mine doing the same thing... upgrading firmware. I can't get it to respond to any of the suggested methods. What sucks is that the firmware update dialog in fastboot looked good to me. Sucks...

The link to the fix is on page one
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770684
21st September 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #15  
Flag San Antonio

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

The link to the fix is on page one
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770684

Cool, thanks! I wonder if a vm running linux would work. All my machines are windows. Not sure how the vm would handle the usb connection. I'll have to see what I can figure out.
21st September 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #16  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,166

4,263 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just used an ubuntu boot CD when I did it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
21st September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #17  
Flag San Antonio

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

I just used an ubuntu boot CD when I did it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Yes! I just thought of that after I posted. I think I still have an ubuntu live CD around here somewhere...

Thanks!
22nd September 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #18  
Flag San Antonio

21 posts
More
I'll be damned! This worked! I just popped in the latest Ubuntu liveCD and went to town. My phone is now up and charging. Once it's at 100%, I'll try pushing TWRP recovery to it and restoring my last backup.

Thanks again for sending me to that link!

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Done and done... pushed TWRP and restored my last backup. It's as if it were never bricked! And it also updated my kernel, which is what I was trying to do in the first place.
22nd September 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Modville
Thanks Meter: 1,899

3,765 posts
More
Just for future reference for anyone coming across this thread, there are two distinct types of bricks being discussed here.

The first results from a borked firmware update. In this case, everything works on the hardware side, it's just that the phone can't boot because the firmware is messed up. This is usually fixable using Dexter's method.

The second, and the problem experienced by the OP, is more serious and is hardware related. I have seen this occur with multiple HTC models. Something related to power management on the motherboard dies so that the phone no longer can no longer get power to start up. When this happens, the phone will typically have shut down without warning despite having a good battery charge. I have never seen or heard of a fix for it beyond returning it for warranty repair.

The Following User Says Thank You to iElvis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread