Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Bajanman: E-Team rocks!

[Q&A/T][ROM]DN3(Ditto Note 3)

Tip us?

dg170775
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
I'm in the uk on ee so don't worry. You should be ok with that version of phils but it's easy to update the recovery if you want to. The rom doesnt contain a modem so you will be ok, i have the latest UK ee modem as a flashable zip anyway should you want it.
The n7105 is different to all other variants with regards to the bootloader. The n7105 bootloader doesn't contain the parm.bin file so the only way to update your bootloader is too flash stock with agni first. If you are on an older bootloader than 4.3 you can just flash agni or devil kernel for wifi. Most of us run agni any way.
If you need any help with anything just hit me or any of the team up
Hi,
All that sounds promising so I'm planning on installing tonight.
Just in case, I run into issues, could you please share:
1. The Latest Modem file
2. Link to where I can get the latest AGNI Kernel.

Regards

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebertian View Post
Your doing the same jump I did Will's ROM is awesome but I never got my phone to fully like it, got a few issues that I couldn't resolve, so I decided to give this ine a go, and so far so good!

I had an old bootloader (4.1.2) and I just updated it to MJ4 (I believe it's the one that came with Android 4.3). I would recommend doing it since it will save you from having to install Agni kernel to make Wi-Fi work, it's a pretty easy process (I did it following a tutorial on YouTube, don't have a link now but I'm sure you can find it easily by searching for "Android update bootloader" or something like that).

As for the modem, I didn't touch at all and it all work great. The only thing I had to do is to manually set the APN, you can find the ones for your carrier for sure).

Oh, one kind of big issue I had was that apps couldn't write to internal SD card, if you have the same problem look a few posts back and you'll see the solution (basically installing Folder Mount from the play store and letting it run the fix)

As for the recovery I can't say since I'm on the latest TWRP and it worked great.
Is your device N7105? As the more I read about bootloader update for this specific device, I only read what sawdoctor is saying, ie only way to upgrade bootloader is to go stock first, and that's quite a long way for me.
I'd rather install the ROM, and if issues persist flash AGNI kernel.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) (Current) Running W03 Slimkat v24 (Super Stable)

Other Phone & ROM: HTC Desire HD on TikTak R1 (4.2.2)

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg170775 View Post
Hi,
All that sounds promising so I'm planning on installing tonight.
Just in case, I run into issues, could you please share:
1. The Latest Modem file
2. Link to where I can get the latest AGNI Kernel.

Regards

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Is your device N7105? As the more I read about bootloader update for this specific device, I only read what sawdoctor is saying, ie only way to upgrade bootloader is to go stock first, and that's quite a long way for me.
Latest ee modem
https://copy.com/yTRqm6rR7EFj2Fg
Latest agni
https://copy.com/4BD1WoAIakgw0sT

don't flash agni till after the rom has booted

dg170775
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
Latest ee modem
https://copy.com/yTRqm6rR7EFj2Fg
Latest agni
https://copy.com/4BD1WoAIakgw0sT

don't flash agni till after the rom has booted
Thanks sawdoctor..

I've never flashed modem; I'm assuming that just flash the modem zip from recovery ??
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) (Current) Running W03 Slimkat v24 (Super Stable)

lebertian
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:

Mine is the AT&T version (i317). The method I followed used Odin to flash directly the 4.3 bootloader, without the stock ROM. I did that while still on Will's Slimkat

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2,440
Quote:
Thanks sawdoctor..

I've never flashed modem; I'm assuming that just flash the modem zip from recovery ??
Yes just flash them like any other zip

The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dg170775
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebertian View Post
Mine is the AT&T version (i317). The method I followed used Odin to flash directly the 4.3 bootloader, without the stock ROM. I did that while still on Will's Slimkat
Hmmm, ok. Any idea where I can get my hands on the 4.3 Bootloader alone? Most of the threads I read were talking about going back to stock 4.3 ROM in which I'll lose rot and would have to start from scratch.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5,099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmmm, ok. Any idea where I can get my hands on the 4.3 Bootloader alone? Most of the threads I read were talking about going back to stock 4.3 ROM in which I'll lose rot and would have to start from scratch.
Look here>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53841081

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lebertian
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
This is the tutorial I followed to update the bootloader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRFPfIBun4k

It says it's for the AT&T version so I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it definitely doesn't have you go back to stock, you just flash the new bootloader with ODIN

Tags
ditto, dn3 rom, eteam, team eletron