4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap featuring1FileFlash&DoneNC2/NC5-EZ

27th August 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #711  
Flag Stafford, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie

is it just skype giving you issues or is it audio streamed period? comes out garbled on othere end?
youve got the same setup that I run only I'm still on NC2 baseband but from dOPE with Skype I was able to wifi video chat with audio crisp and clear on both ends off a friends wifi (had to anyway vzw didnt like the 34TB I downloaded in last 2 mo now their forcing me to pay 130$a month to keep my unlimited unlimited data that I was grandfathered in at 55$ a month if anyone knows if thats illegal or something of the nature that I can force them to put me back at the same rate let me know been with them for over 10years always same price otherwise I think I'm going to get a new account off ebay lol)

anyone else with old bootloaders and ncx having audio issues specifically using only wifi?

Its just skype and hangouts chats. Video is perfect. Justvthe audio the recipient is receiving.

No issues on audio stream. And I don't think it's the hardware/microphone related because I can record video and the play back is perfect. But play back on the Skype test call crap amd confirms what everyone one was telling me.

And this all worked on MK2, its just recently that it went to crap.

What is dOPE with Skype?

Don't think VZW can change your plan cost. That's crap. They can throttle you, but they can't change how much more your paying. Sounds like B.S.

I already pay $130. I have the unlimited text, 1400 mins $100 plan, plus the $30 for the unlimited data. So $130 is what I've always paid.

Did you have mobile data physically turned off while you made the call?
Last edited by ymDroid; 27th August 2014 at 10:53 AM.
27th August 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #712  
Flag Stafford, VA

61 posts
More
I tried with noise reduction off, and tried with voice privacy off, no changes.

Here's the odd thing. I downloaded and have been using "GrooVeIP" to make calls over wifi, and it works perfectly.

So calls over wifi have no issue, just the audio on a video chat over wifi?

Im not getting what the issue is, but I'm leaning towards going back to MK2.
28th August 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #713  
Thanks Meter: 284

2,042 posts
Folks, what is the benefit of downgrading to mk2 from NC5 (ota)? Wasn't MK2 another one of these locked down bootloaders where you could not use custom kernels anyways?
1st September 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #714  
Flag Stafford, VA

61 posts
More
Quote:

I545VRUFNC5-AIO-incl-modem-hlos-nobootloaders-gogolie.rar

Each .rar file when unpacked (NC2 or NC5 .rar files must be unpacked!) contains the following apps / odin flashable images:
Odin 3.10 (The newest and best option for Odin.)
SuperSu 1.94 (IN both a flashable thru Safestrap .zip and a .apk - thanks to Chainfire)
SafeStrap 3.72 (Thanks to Hashcode)
SeLinux Permissive Enabler / Mode Changer 1.2 (Thanks to MrBIMC)
TowelRoot v2 (Huge Thanks to geohot)
Android Terminal Emulator v1.0.53.apk
and finally...
I545VRUFNCx-AIO-incl-modem-hlos-nobootloaders-gogolie.tar

YOU CAN KEEP THE ODIN PROGRAM AND FLASHABLE FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER BUT MOVE ALL APKS TO PHONE OR SDCARD 1ST.

which is the magic file you select in Odin under AP slot and press flash to upgrade without bootloaders. This is a modified Odin image I made that also includes a .pit for mapping itself and a modem/hlos so its essentially a 1 and done file! You might need to boot into recovery and do a data wipe if you receive any FC's or issues on 1st boot (then restart and should be good to go). This is a no-wipe odin flashable image with no bootloaders or other crap just firmware and system.img and modem.

Directions to enable Root on NC2 or NC5 stock ROM & to get SafeStrap fully working:
1. Flash the odin image in AP slot for either system you want to upgrade to. (NO BOOTLOADERS OR GARBAGE FLASHED!)
2. Boot up system. If any errors occur restart to recovery (vol-up and power) then wipe data and restart. Or wipe data before flashing!
3. Once booted open TowelRoot.apkl and install and run the app. Then click on the T logo/gray box to root 4.4.2! NO REBOOT REQUIRED!!!
4. Now open the SeLinux Permissive Enabler / Mode Changer 1.2.apk and install the app. Open the application and click the "Permissive" box.
5. Next install Safestrap and open the app. Click install Recovery once booted. Then you can flash SuperSu .zip like normal in Safestrap. You can also also install from the Playstore or from the .apk in the AIO .rar file. However SuperSu isnt necessary its useful if you intend on controlling your ROOT.
6. Finally for a custom ROM you would reboot to Safestrap and install it in the Main/Stock Slot. Keep root by following any ROM install with SuperSu.zip!!!
7. Enjoy the easiest upgrade method known to man. Be sure and donate or thank, me or one of the fine developers mentioned above.?

Gigilie,

I'm going restore back to MK2 and make sure everything is back to way it was supposed to be.

If all is well, I'm going to try once more to push NC5 via your instructions above.

If you remember, I updated from MK2 but used method 2 "flashing a ROM". I used Surges MK2 file to restore back. It was a pretty big mess that caused a soft brick. I'm sure my device has a lot of residual crap on it.

I'd like to full complete system wipe, everything, and restore back to MK2 via Odin.

Once I confirm everything is working on MK2 again (skype /hangouts), do I just follow the instructions above to flash a completely stock NC5 (minus the bootloader of course)?

So I don't need to flash anything else besides:

In odin, and towel root, and safe strap, and etc?

Thanks Gigilie!
2nd September 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #715  
Flag Stafford, VA

61 posts
More
Fixed
Quote:

anyone else with old bootloaders and ncx having audio issues specifically using only wifi?

The problem isn't with Google Now, it's Google Search's new "anytime /any screen" hotword section function..

Go to Google Search, Settings, Voice, Uncheck hotword detection from any screen.

Why this breaks the wifi audio when using a video chat service is a mystery.

I now realize that this wasn't an issue under 4.3, because Hotword detection from any screen is a Kitkat only feature.

I don't know if this a Samsung, possibly or Google Search issue. But I'll submit a ticket to Google under in the play store.

Hopefully, everyone else will too.
4th September 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #716  
OP Senior Member
MN
Thanks Meter: 630

509 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymDroid

The problem isn't with Google Now, it's Google Search's new "anytime /any screen" hotword section function..

Go to Google Search, Settings, Voice, Uncheck hotword detection from any screen.

Why this breaks the wifi audio when using a video chat service is a mystery.

I now realize that this wasn't an issue under 4.3, because Hotword detection from any screen is a Kitkat only feature.

I don't know if this a Samsung, possibly or Google Search issue. But I'll submit a ticket to Google under in the play store.

Hopefully, everyone else will too.

interesting! sorry i didnt get back to you but yes the nc5 odin image from above is what you would want to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #717  
Flag Makkah
Thanks Meter: 53

198 posts
More
Help pl
Quote:

UPGRADING / ROOTING! THE EZ WAY NO BS/BOOTLOADERS!

Put these together as the newest evolution in my long line of ways to upgrade gain ROOT and keep KNOX at 0x0... this method will also let you keep your bootscreen set to the normal unmodified ROM (no more broken lock pic screen when booting!) without using Xposed!
All you need to do is download one of the following 2 all in one upgrade rar files:

I545VRUFNC2-AIO-incl-modem-hlos-nobootloaders-gogolie.rar
or
------

Does it support Samsung core2 duo (SM-G355H). Please see the screenshot for device detail

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-08-11-08-42.png
Views:	156
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	2928955  
10th September 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #718  
Flag Stafford, VA

61 posts
More
Quote:

interesting! sorry i didnt get back to you but yes the nc5 odin image from above is what you would want to use.

Just flash that file in odin over my current NC5 set up? Nothing else?

Or should I go back to MK2 first, then flash this?

Thanks for taking the time to reply gigilie!
11th September 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #719  
OP Senior Member
MN
Thanks Meter: 630

509 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymDroid

Just flash that file in odin over my current NC5 set up? Nothing else?

Or should I go back to MK2 first, then flash this?

Thanks for taking the time to reply gigilie!

if you took the update or ota then just root unless your changing to nc2 from nc5 then just flash ontop... root with towelroot v3 and then install safestrap. youll need selinux permissive app too as knox will fight safestrap
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #720  
Thanks Meter: 9

117 posts
DELETED
Last edited by craigviar; 23rd September 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread