Third Party DIY Nexus 10 Internal Battery Replace & Review

Tip us?

CombustLemonz
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fro2000 View Post
I am extremely disappointed by my options to keep my nexus 10 going strong. I love the tablet... w/ its current screen resolution i really have NO reason to upgrade to a new device... however right now NO ONE carries this part. If google is NOT going to support having replaceable batteries, and there are no 3rd party options, we are all simply buying disposable electronics... its ridiculous.

Right now it is out of stock everywhere and there are 2 shady listings on eBay. Extremely disappointed with this.
I am going through this right now! I am not sure if I should buy from the sketchy eBay listings or what. I tried NewPower99 but claim to have none in stock due to a production issue. It is almost as if Samsung went after the 3rd party that made the battery so they could not sell it. My tablet is out of warranty and I have no idea what to do as its worth nothing to trade in and I don't have the $$$ for a new tablet. If anyone has any suggestions or bought a replacement battery and hasn't used or opened it and would be willing to part with it I may be interested in buying.

crxssi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombustLemonz View Post
I am going through this right now! I am not sure if I should buy from the sketchy eBay listings or what. I tried NewPower99 but claim to have none in stock due to a production issue. It is almost as if Samsung went after the 3rd party that made the battery so they could not sell it. My tablet is out of warranty and I have no idea what to do as its worth nothing to trade in and I don't have the $$$ for a new tablet. If anyone has any suggestions or bought a replacement battery and hasn't used or opened it and would be willing to part with it I may be interested in buying.
I am having the same problem. Nobody has the battery. So I finally found something on Alibabba and ordered it straight from china for something like $35 (through a friend's account, so I don't have the details at the moment). I expect it will take at least a month to get here. I hope it works and lasts, cheap batteries rarely work out very well in the long term.... but what choice do I have? This is a $500 tablet that is not that old! It now powers down at 70% battery, usually less than an hour playing a game