Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

Tip us?
 
moldovanos
Old
#731  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 226
Join Date: Sep 2012
Here is my impression. Received phone today. It feels big at first, very big compare to my Nexus 5. My first thing to check was yellow screen. Well, I could not see anything yellow and my device build date was July 2.
Started playing with it and noticed unresponsive touch screen. This problem went away after I flashed latest Liquidsmooth rom. Dont have other problems to report.
Yes, this phone does not feel as premium as HTC M8,no aluminum and it does not have awesome speakers.But at the same time it feels solid, it has great build quality and its not worse than my N5. Basically to me its just a little step above N5 due to slightly better speakers and much better battery life. I do not see any difference in speed. N5 with custom roms is just as snappy as OPO nevermind the older processor. Overall it it what I expected, I am pretty happy with it for the price paid and I will keep it.
I think its a little too big for my liking, even though I am 6.2 guy with big hands. If next Nexus will be 5.2 with adequate battery I might switch, but might not if I get used to this thing.
 
The Jack of Clubs
Old
#732  
The Jack of Clubs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 468
Posts: 2,721
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbkkt1 View Post
Hmm. After a few days, no HD voice seems to be on it. I hope it gets it in an update.
What carrier are you on?
 
norpan111
Old
#733  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 537
Posts: 3,295
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Halmstad
I think it lags, hard to type on because touchscreen issues. It gets so hot while playing I can't even touch the display and have to abort game. The screen scratches super-easy. All in all I'm not very impressed. I came from iPhone 5S and bought a android with the most beefy specs I could find. Feels like an old iPhone 4 sometimes? Is this just android now? Is nexus 5 smoother?
 
moldovanos
Old
#734  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 226
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by norpan111 View Post
I think it lags, hard to type on because touchscreen issues. It gets so hot while playing I can't even touch the display and have to abort game. The screen scratches super-easy. All in all I'm not very impressed. I came from iPhone 5S and bought a android with the most beefy specs I could find. Feels like an old iPhone 4 sometimes? Is this just android now? Is nexus 5 smoother?
Put Liquidsmooth rom on it and franco kernel, big difference
The Following User Says Thank You to moldovanos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
norpan111
Old
#735  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 537
Posts: 3,295
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Halmstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by moldovanos View Post
Put Liquidsmooth rom on it and franco kernel, big difference
Thank you for your suggestion. I was considering to flash aosp pure android to see if it would be smoother. But I will definitely check out your suggestion.
 
darkdreamingdan
Old
#736  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2014
How do you guys feel about the stock cm rom? from the images it looks fairly heavily themed, with a square look. While this looks cool, I can imagine it being massively out of place with any apps downloaded from play store. Do you feel like that's the case? Do you think this phone is somewhat overhyped with this invite-only business?
 
Krunk83
Old
#737  
Krunk83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 308
Posts: 1,192
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdreamingdan View Post
How do you guys feel about the stock cm rom? from the images it looks fairly heavily themed, with a square look. While this looks cool, I can imagine it being massively out of place with any apps downloaded from play store. Do you feel like that's the case? Do you think this phone is somewhat overhyped with this invite-only business?
It has a theme engine so you can change the look to however you like. Not over hyped.

OnePlus
OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64GB
Nexus 7 SlimKAT Franco r13

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes